Aug 30, 2010, 2:00 PM EDT
Brandon Webb is an optimistic chap these days. He wants to pitch yet before the season is over and thinks he can do it. Plus, he likes the looks of the Dbacks’ revamped pitching staff and would like to be part of it next year:
“I like the pitching staff
a lot,” he said. “The young guys are doing a great job. I think they’re
only going to get better, getting experience and stuff up here. I think
they’re going to be really good. I’d definitely like to be a part of
that next year.”
Recall last January he was talking about taking his talents back closer to his Kentucky home. Of course then he still had hopes of putting up a nice walk year that could land him some free agent interest.
At this point, however, he’s only going to get himself an incentive-laden deal, and one figures that the best incentives would be offered by the team that knows his health and pitching status the best (i.e. the Dbacks). Everyone else would be taking an even greater and more ill-informed gamble.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)