Aug 30, 2010, 10:16 AM EDT
Jose Reyes hasn’t played since aggravating his strained right oblique muscle Thursday and Roger Rubin of the New York Daily News reports that he “will almost certainly miss all four games” of the series against the Braves that begins tonight in Atlanta.
Reyes tried to take batting practice yesterday, but had to stop after six swings and said afterward that “something was there” in the injured oblique. Jerry Manuel indicated that Reyes is available to pinch-run or play defense, because apparently only hitting bothers him.
He originally suffered the injury in early June, but has for the most part played through the discomfort while batting .328 with 26 extra-base hits and 14 steals in 59 games since.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 55
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 5
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 67
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (76)