Aug 30, 2010, 11:29 AM EDT
This is not a repeat from the “Seinfeld” episode “The Lip Reader” from 1993:
With another terrific performance on Sunday, R. A. Dickey continued to
demonstrate that he could perform at the highest level of his sport. Now
he wants to show he can do it in another sport, only not as a player.
Dickey dreams of being a ball boy at the United Stated Open tennis tournament. Or, as in the case of Kramer in an episode of the
television show “Seinfeld,” he wants to be a ball man — a bearded,
knuckleball-throwing, 35-year-old ball man.
“I think it would be really cool,” Dickey said, adding: “I’m really serious. Do you think I can do it?”
I think he can. Knuckleballers can do anything. And he may be old, but he’s spry.
I’d watch the whole tournament too, just in case we got a shot of Omar Minaya covered in chocolate sauce as he ate an ice cream sundae.
- Who really owns a home run ball? 56
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 125
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” 127
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week 122
- Dodgers left-hander Hyun-Jin Ryu to have season-ending shoulder surgery 8
- Remembering David Letterman’s best sports moments 11
- Ryan Zimmerman is Mr. Walk-Off (and the numbers to prove it) 11
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (128)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (125)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)