Aug 30, 2010, 11:29 AM EST
This is not a repeat from the “Seinfeld” episode “The Lip Reader” from 1993:
With another terrific performance on Sunday, R. A. Dickey continued to
demonstrate that he could perform at the highest level of his sport. Now
he wants to show he can do it in another sport, only not as a player.
Dickey dreams of being a ball boy at the United Stated Open tennis tournament. Or, as in the case of Kramer in an episode of the
television show “Seinfeld,” he wants to be a ball man — a bearded,
knuckleball-throwing, 35-year-old ball man.
“I think it would be really cool,” Dickey said, adding: “I’m really serious. Do you think I can do it?”
I think he can. Knuckleballers can do anything. And he may be old, but he’s spry.
I’d watch the whole tournament too, just in case we got a shot of Omar Minaya covered in chocolate sauce as he ate an ice cream sundae.
- Matt Harvey makes his return. And he was really impressive. 20
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 28
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 36
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 147
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (380)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (147)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)