Aug 30, 2010, 11:29 AM EDT
This is not a repeat from the “Seinfeld” episode “The Lip Reader” from 1993:
With another terrific performance on Sunday, R. A. Dickey continued to
demonstrate that he could perform at the highest level of his sport. Now
he wants to show he can do it in another sport, only not as a player.
Dickey dreams of being a ball boy at the United Stated Open tennis tournament. Or, as in the case of Kramer in an episode of the
television show “Seinfeld,” he wants to be a ball man — a bearded,
knuckleball-throwing, 35-year-old ball man.
“I think it would be really cool,” Dickey said, adding: “I’m really serious. Do you think I can do it?”
I think he can. Knuckleballers can do anything. And he may be old, but he’s spry.
I’d watch the whole tournament too, just in case we got a shot of Omar Minaya covered in chocolate sauce as he ate an ice cream sundae.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 16
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 48
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17