Aug 30, 2010, 11:29 AM EDT
This is not a repeat from the “Seinfeld” episode “The Lip Reader” from 1993:
With another terrific performance on Sunday, R. A. Dickey continued to
demonstrate that he could perform at the highest level of his sport. Now
he wants to show he can do it in another sport, only not as a player.
Dickey dreams of being a ball boy at the United Stated Open tennis tournament. Or, as in the case of Kramer in an episode of the
television show “Seinfeld,” he wants to be a ball man — a bearded,
knuckleball-throwing, 35-year-old ball man.
“I think it would be really cool,” Dickey said, adding: “I’m really serious. Do you think I can do it?”
I think he can. Knuckleballers can do anything. And he may be old, but he’s spry.
I’d watch the whole tournament too, just in case we got a shot of Omar Minaya covered in chocolate sauce as he ate an ice cream sundae.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 28
- Albert Pujols becomes 26th member of 500 home run club 31
- MLB suspends Martin Maldonado, Carlos Gomez, Travis Snider, and Russell Martin for Easter brawl 45
- “Respect the Game?” Phooey. 103
- The MLBPA is serious about investigating leaks to reporters regarding Stephen Drew, Kendrys Morales 32