Aug 30, 2010, 5:14 PM EDT
I’m sure his rift with manager Tony La Russa hasn’t been patched up within the past 24 hours, but at least Colby Rasmus is finally back in the Cardinals’ starting lineup today for the first time in two weeks.
Rasmus is playing center field and batting seventh against left-hander J.A. Happ, which is interesting considering that La Russa often benched Rasmus versus southpaws even before their recent issues.
St. Louis went 4-8 in the 12 games Rasmus missed and the Cardinals are 15-20 overall this season when he doesn’t start, compared to 54-39 when he’s in the lineup.
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 23
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 22
- Mike Trout is the best MVP choice, but . . . 24
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar 68
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 75
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 44
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 217
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (217)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)