Aug 30, 2010, 5:14 PM EDT
I’m sure his rift with manager Tony La Russa hasn’t been patched up within the past 24 hours, but at least Colby Rasmus is finally back in the Cardinals’ starting lineup today for the first time in two weeks.
Rasmus is playing center field and batting seventh against left-hander J.A. Happ, which is interesting considering that La Russa often benched Rasmus versus southpaws even before their recent issues.
St. Louis went 4-8 in the 12 games Rasmus missed and the Cardinals are 15-20 overall this season when he doesn’t start, compared to 54-39 when he’s in the lineup.
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 21
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 31
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 31
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 6
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (124)