Aug 30, 2010, 5:14 PM EDT
I’m sure his rift with manager Tony La Russa hasn’t been patched up within the past 24 hours, but at least Colby Rasmus is finally back in the Cardinals’ starting lineup today for the first time in two weeks.
Rasmus is playing center field and batting seventh against left-hander J.A. Happ, which is interesting considering that La Russa often benched Rasmus versus southpaws even before their recent issues.
St. Louis went 4-8 in the 12 games Rasmus missed and the Cardinals are 15-20 overall this season when he doesn’t start, compared to 54-39 when he’s in the lineup.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (135)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)