Aug 31, 2010, 4:59 PM EDT
Dallas Braden is going to start against the Yankees in the Bronx on Thursday. He knows he’s going to get an earful over all that “get off my mound” stuff. Rather than tighten up about it or spout cliches about the past being the past or whatever, he’s owning it. When asked about the reception he might receive:
“You guys wouldn’t be New Yorkers, right, if that wasn’t the case?”
Braden said at the Stadium yesterday when asked if he thought he’d get
“That’s part of the excitement. They’ve had a while to think of some good stuff, so don’t disappoint.”
That’s really the only way to handle it.
Although, I wonder if new Yankee Stadium is as tough on guys like Braden as the old place used to be. Fewer common fans, what with those crazy prices. Seats farther away. I’ve seen people doing the wave there recently for crying out loud.
You gonna let Braden have it, Yankees fans, or are you goin’ soft?
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)