Aug 31, 2010, 4:59 PM EST
Dallas Braden is going to start against the Yankees in the Bronx on Thursday. He knows he’s going to get an earful over all that “get off my mound” stuff. Rather than tighten up about it or spout cliches about the past being the past or whatever, he’s owning it. When asked about the reception he might receive:
“You guys wouldn’t be New Yorkers, right, if that wasn’t the case?”
Braden said at the Stadium yesterday when asked if he thought he’d get
“That’s part of the excitement. They’ve had a while to think of some good stuff, so don’t disappoint.”
That’s really the only way to handle it.
Although, I wonder if new Yankee Stadium is as tough on guys like Braden as the old place used to be. Fewer common fans, what with those crazy prices. Seats farther away. I’ve seen people doing the wave there recently for crying out loud.
You gonna let Braden have it, Yankees fans, or are you goin’ soft?
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 46
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 37
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 170
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 34
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 52
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (172)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (77)