Aug 31, 2010, 4:59 PM EDT
Dallas Braden is going to start against the Yankees in the Bronx on Thursday. He knows he’s going to get an earful over all that “get off my mound” stuff. Rather than tighten up about it or spout cliches about the past being the past or whatever, he’s owning it. When asked about the reception he might receive:
“You guys wouldn’t be New Yorkers, right, if that wasn’t the case?”
Braden said at the Stadium yesterday when asked if he thought he’d get
“That’s part of the excitement. They’ve had a while to think of some good stuff, so don’t disappoint.”
That’s really the only way to handle it.
Although, I wonder if new Yankee Stadium is as tough on guys like Braden as the old place used to be. Fewer common fans, what with those crazy prices. Seats farther away. I’ve seen people doing the wave there recently for crying out loud.
You gonna let Braden have it, Yankees fans, or are you goin’ soft?
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 0
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 91
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 124
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 105
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (127)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (105)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (99)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (98)