Aug 31, 2010, 4:59 PM EDT
Dallas Braden is going to start against the Yankees in the Bronx on Thursday. He knows he’s going to get an earful over all that “get off my mound” stuff. Rather than tighten up about it or spout cliches about the past being the past or whatever, he’s owning it. When asked about the reception he might receive:
“You guys wouldn’t be New Yorkers, right, if that wasn’t the case?”
Braden said at the Stadium yesterday when asked if he thought he’d get
“That’s part of the excitement. They’ve had a while to think of some good stuff, so don’t disappoint.”
That’s really the only way to handle it.
Although, I wonder if new Yankee Stadium is as tough on guys like Braden as the old place used to be. Fewer common fans, what with those crazy prices. Seats farther away. I’ve seen people doing the wave there recently for crying out loud.
You gonna let Braden have it, Yankees fans, or are you goin’ soft?
- World Series, Game 4: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Report: Rays owner Stuart Sternberg has discussed moving the team to Montreal 36
- Dave Dombrowski on Miguel Cabrera: “It’s worse than what we ever would have anticipated” 22
- World Series Reset: Can the Giants even things up? 4
- Behind strong bullpen, Royals edge Giants 3-2 to take a 2-1 World Series lead 35
- Paul Konerko, Jimmy Rollins named co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award 4
- The greatest trick this Royals bullpen ever pulled … 3
- Adam Wainwright underwent elbow surgery to “trim” cartilage 13
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (143)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (101)