Aug 31, 2010, 12:17 PM EDT
Derek Lowe still hasn’t actually admitted to having an injury, but Mark Bowman of MLB.com reports that he “had ice wrapped around his right elbow” in the clubhouse yesterday and is scheduled to “test” the not-yet-admitted-to injury by throwing today.
Lowe repeatedly shook his right arm between pitches during Sunday’s season-worst start against the Marlins, but declined to speak about a potential injury when asked afterward by reporters.
“Derek is a horse,” general manager Frank Wren told Bowman. “At this point of the season, you’re not going to find anybody who is 100 percent. I think he’ll be fine.”
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (241)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (110)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)