Aug 31, 2010, 12:17 PM EST
Derek Lowe still hasn’t actually admitted to having an injury, but Mark Bowman of MLB.com reports that he “had ice wrapped around his right elbow” in the clubhouse yesterday and is scheduled to “test” the not-yet-admitted-to injury by throwing today.
Lowe repeatedly shook his right arm between pitches during Sunday’s season-worst start against the Marlins, but declined to speak about a potential injury when asked afterward by reporters.
“Derek is a horse,” general manager Frank Wren told Bowman. “At this point of the season, you’re not going to find anybody who is 100 percent. I think he’ll be fine.”
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 9
- Media paying for athlete interviews? Not likely. But watch this stuff closely anyway. 14
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 12
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 65
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 82
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi (110)