Aug 31, 2010, 10:59 AM EDT
Josh Hamilton DH’d last night to rest his gimpy knee. He still went 2 for 5. But Evan Grant of the Dallas Morning News thinks things may be worse than Hamilton or the team is letting on:
right knee, which has been achy all season long, has started throbbing
again not even a full month after he received his second cortisone
injection of the season.
Hamilton played Monday but
was moved from center field to DH after batting practice. Though
he was 2-for-5, he had a couple of awkward swings that could have
been due in equal parts soreness or sharp changeups.
You never know with this stuff until the team says something, but I certainly agree with Grant on one point: if Hamilton really is hurt and either loses playing time or effectiveness down the stretch, the Rangers are in a heap of trouble, because he’s been carrying them lately.
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 24
- Bobby Bonilla’s isn’t the only deferred money deal in the game. And isn’t even the worst. 48
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. 67
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 73
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 46
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 12
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 51
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 30
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)