Aug 31, 2010, 10:59 AM EDT
Josh Hamilton DH’d last night to rest his gimpy knee. He still went 2 for 5. But Evan Grant of the Dallas Morning News thinks things may be worse than Hamilton or the team is letting on:
right knee, which has been achy all season long, has started throbbing
again not even a full month after he received his second cortisone
injection of the season.
Hamilton played Monday but
was moved from center field to DH after batting practice. Though
he was 2-for-5, he had a couple of awkward swings that could have
been due in equal parts soreness or sharp changeups.
You never know with this stuff until the team says something, but I certainly agree with Grant on one point: if Hamilton really is hurt and either loses playing time or effectiveness down the stretch, the Rangers are in a heap of trouble, because he’s been carrying them lately.
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 7
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 10
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 55
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 65
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 34
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (124)