Aug 31, 2010, 10:59 AM EST
Josh Hamilton DH’d last night to rest his gimpy knee. He still went 2 for 5. But Evan Grant of the Dallas Morning News thinks things may be worse than Hamilton or the team is letting on:
right knee, which has been achy all season long, has started throbbing
again not even a full month after he received his second cortisone
injection of the season.
Hamilton played Monday but
was moved from center field to DH after batting practice. Though
he was 2-for-5, he had a couple of awkward swings that could have
been due in equal parts soreness or sharp changeups.
You never know with this stuff until the team says something, but I certainly agree with Grant on one point: if Hamilton really is hurt and either loses playing time or effectiveness down the stretch, the Rangers are in a heap of trouble, because he’s been carrying them lately.
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 121
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 40
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 368
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (368)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (308)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (124)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (85)