Aug 31, 2010, 10:59 AM EDT
Josh Hamilton DH’d last night to rest his gimpy knee. He still went 2 for 5. But Evan Grant of the Dallas Morning News thinks things may be worse than Hamilton or the team is letting on:
right knee, which has been achy all season long, has started throbbing
again not even a full month after he received his second cortisone
injection of the season.
Hamilton played Monday but
was moved from center field to DH after batting practice. Though
he was 2-for-5, he had a couple of awkward swings that could have
been due in equal parts soreness or sharp changeups.
You never know with this stuff until the team says something, but I certainly agree with Grant on one point: if Hamilton really is hurt and either loses playing time or effectiveness down the stretch, the Rangers are in a heap of trouble, because he’s been carrying them lately.
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 5
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 14
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 52
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 26
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (105)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)