Aug 31, 2010, 10:59 AM EDT
Josh Hamilton DH’d last night to rest his gimpy knee. He still went 2 for 5. But Evan Grant of the Dallas Morning News thinks things may be worse than Hamilton or the team is letting on:
right knee, which has been achy all season long, has started throbbing
again not even a full month after he received his second cortisone
injection of the season.
Hamilton played Monday but
was moved from center field to DH after batting practice. Though
he was 2-for-5, he had a couple of awkward swings that could have
been due in equal parts soreness or sharp changeups.
You never know with this stuff until the team says something, but I certainly agree with Grant on one point: if Hamilton really is hurt and either loses playing time or effectiveness down the stretch, the Rangers are in a heap of trouble, because he’s been carrying them lately.
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 0
- Orioles finally lose a game when leading after seven 4
- Joey Votto reaches base six times as Reds rout Phillies 11
- Troy Tulowitzki says he wasn’t accusing Madison Bumgarner of cheating 6
- Quote of the Day: Brian Cashman is keeping Ben Francisco around to “piss everybody off” 29
- Oxbow ends Orb's Triple Crown hopes
- PBT: Pacers top Knicks, punch ticket to conf. finals
- PST: Teary Beckham likely plays final game
- PFT: Pre-draft fears about Gronk coming true
- MST: Carpenter wins pole for 97th Indianapolis 500
- CBT: Chance Coach K returns for '16 Games
- PHT: Couture strikes in OT, lifting Sharks in Game 3