Aug 31, 2010, 10:28 AM EDT
Why Pete Rose as an Expo? I dunno. Everyone forgets about that and I like to remember that kind of random garbage. Got his 4000th hit while playing for Montreal! Anyway:
Back when he was suspended from baseball, Pete Rose admitted to having a gambling addiction and went through counseling. You’ll be shocked to learn that it didn’t take. Check out this post and pic from a guy named Paneech, who walked by a table at Caesar’s where Pete Rose was signing autographs while glued to a TV feed of horse races. According to Paneech, the Hit King was basically ignoring fans getting autographs and filled out betting slips in between customers.
Yeah, that stuff I wrote a couple of weeks ago about Rose being a Reds Ambassador? I’m prepared to admit that I may be wrong on that score.
(thanks to reader TBZ for the heads up)
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 12
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 16
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 85
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8