Aug 31, 2010, 10:28 AM EDT
Why Pete Rose as an Expo? I dunno. Everyone forgets about that and I like to remember that kind of random garbage. Got his 4000th hit while playing for Montreal! Anyway:
Back when he was suspended from baseball, Pete Rose admitted to having a gambling addiction and went through counseling. You’ll be shocked to learn that it didn’t take. Check out this post and pic from a guy named Paneech, who walked by a table at Caesar’s where Pete Rose was signing autographs while glued to a TV feed of horse races. According to Paneech, the Hit King was basically ignoring fans getting autographs and filled out betting slips in between customers.
Yeah, that stuff I wrote a couple of weeks ago about Rose being a Reds Ambassador? I’m prepared to admit that I may be wrong on that score.
(thanks to reader TBZ for the heads up)
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base 6
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 15
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 1
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 4
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 57
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 42
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 20
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 69