Aug 31, 2010, 10:28 AM EST
Why Pete Rose as an Expo? I dunno. Everyone forgets about that and I like to remember that kind of random garbage. Got his 4000th hit while playing for Montreal! Anyway:
Back when he was suspended from baseball, Pete Rose admitted to having a gambling addiction and went through counseling. You’ll be shocked to learn that it didn’t take. Check out this post and pic from a guy named Paneech, who walked by a table at Caesar’s where Pete Rose was signing autographs while glued to a TV feed of horse races. According to Paneech, the Hit King was basically ignoring fans getting autographs and filled out betting slips in between customers.
Yeah, that stuff I wrote a couple of weeks ago about Rose being a Reds Ambassador? I’m prepared to admit that I may be wrong on that score.
(thanks to reader TBZ for the heads up)
- Cliff Pennington avoids arbitration, agrees to $3.275 million deal with D’Backs 3
- Dan Uggla played through undiagnosed concussion in 2014 27
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 44
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 62
- Report: Hiroki Kuroda is going back to Japan 26
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40