Aug 31, 2010, 2:28 PM EDT
According to the Sun-Times’ Joe Cowley, Manny Ramirez’s plane lands in Cleveland at 3PM. That cuts it kind of close for him to get to the park and have anything approaching a normal routine for tonight’s White Sox-Indians Game. Cowley says that, as of yesterday, Ozzie Guillen was inclined not to start Ramirez under such circumstances, and in fact, he’s not in the lineup that just got posted.
If it was anyone else besides Ramirez I’d say use them as a pinch hitter to keep the discombobulation to a minimum. But this is Manny we’re talking about. I’m guessing that a loop of Enya’s “Orinoco Flow” runs through his head 24/7. You could probably keep him in suspended animation for 20 hours a day and break him out just for games and he’d be better off for it because no one can yell at you or ask you what your problem is when you’re in suspended animation.
Give him the start, Ozzie. Even if he’s changing clothes during the National Anthem, I bet he goes 3 for 5 with a double and a couple of RBIs. When asked about it after the game he’ll be all like “what?”
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 0
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 28
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 15
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 86
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 60
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29