Aug 31, 2010, 2:28 PM EST
According to the Sun-Times’ Joe Cowley, Manny Ramirez’s plane lands in Cleveland at 3PM. That cuts it kind of close for him to get to the park and have anything approaching a normal routine for tonight’s White Sox-Indians Game. Cowley says that, as of yesterday, Ozzie Guillen was inclined not to start Ramirez under such circumstances, and in fact, he’s not in the lineup that just got posted.
If it was anyone else besides Ramirez I’d say use them as a pinch hitter to keep the discombobulation to a minimum. But this is Manny we’re talking about. I’m guessing that a loop of Enya’s “Orinoco Flow” runs through his head 24/7. You could probably keep him in suspended animation for 20 hours a day and break him out just for games and he’d be better off for it because no one can yell at you or ask you what your problem is when you’re in suspended animation.
Give him the start, Ozzie. Even if he’s changing clothes during the National Anthem, I bet he goes 3 for 5 with a double and a couple of RBIs. When asked about it after the game he’ll be all like “what?”
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 67
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 25
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 66
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 256
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (257)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (101)
- Robinson Cano signing only bad if the Mariners stop now (93)