Aug 31, 2010, 4:28 PM EDT
That’s what Adam Rubin says. He (or at least his headline writer) uses my least favorite trade talk euphemism ever by saying that Texas is “kicking the tires” on Frenchie.
Observation #1: This could be evidence that Josh Hamilton really is hurt and the Rangers are worried about it.
Observation #2: If Jeff Francoeur somehow finds himself dealt from the Mets and onto a playoff-bound team it’s evidence that he or his momma or someone close to him found a lucky charm once upon a time, because no one in baseball history with Francoeur’s skills has been given the kinds of chances he’s been given.
Observation #3: How happy would your Met-fan friends be — assuming you allow yourself to have any — if such a deal goes down, thus removing the temptation from Omar “you don’t go young in New York” Minaya to offer him arbitration this winter rather than non-tender him?
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 0
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 10
- Who really owns a home run ball? 59
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 125
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” 128
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week 122
- Dodgers left-hander Hyun-Jin Ryu to have season-ending shoulder surgery 8
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (128)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (126)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)