Aug 31, 2010, 4:28 PM EST
That’s what Adam Rubin says. He (or at least his headline writer) uses my least favorite trade talk euphemism ever by saying that Texas is “kicking the tires” on Frenchie.
Observation #1: This could be evidence that Josh Hamilton really is hurt and the Rangers are worried about it.
Observation #2: If Jeff Francoeur somehow finds himself dealt from the Mets and onto a playoff-bound team it’s evidence that he or his momma or someone close to him found a lucky charm once upon a time, because no one in baseball history with Francoeur’s skills has been given the kinds of chances he’s been given.
Observation #3: How happy would your Met-fan friends be — assuming you allow yourself to have any — if such a deal goes down, thus removing the temptation from Omar “you don’t go young in New York” Minaya to offer him arbitration this winter rather than non-tender him?
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 56
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 85
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 37
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 14
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (120)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (96)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year (85)