Aug 31, 2010, 4:28 PM EDT
That’s what Adam Rubin says. He (or at least his headline writer) uses my least favorite trade talk euphemism ever by saying that Texas is “kicking the tires” on Frenchie.
Observation #1: This could be evidence that Josh Hamilton really is hurt and the Rangers are worried about it.
Observation #2: If Jeff Francoeur somehow finds himself dealt from the Mets and onto a playoff-bound team it’s evidence that he or his momma or someone close to him found a lucky charm once upon a time, because no one in baseball history with Francoeur’s skills has been given the kinds of chances he’s been given.
Observation #3: How happy would your Met-fan friends be — assuming you allow yourself to have any — if such a deal goes down, thus removing the temptation from Omar “you don’t go young in New York” Minaya to offer him arbitration this winter rather than non-tender him?
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 23
- The Troy Tulowitzki trade might be the strangest deadline deal ever 26
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects 84
- Alex Rodriguez celebrates 40th birthday with a home run 15
- Mets acquire Tyler Clippard from the Athletics 21
- Angels acquire Shane Victorino from Red Sox 25
- Happy 40th Birthday, A-Rod! 44
- Craig Biggio, John Smoltz, Randy Johnson and Pedro Martinez inducted into the Hall of Fame 41
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (156)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- MLBPAA announces “Heart and Hustle” award, given mostly to Americans and white guys (131)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)