Sep 1, 2010, 12:00 PM EDT
It’s been nearly 20 hours since the last Bobby Valentine managerial rumor, so why not throw another one on the pile?
ESPN’s Jerry Crasnick says that the Marlins are still considering Valentine and that he’s “on their list.” I question whether they’re on his list given how freaking mad they made him back in June, but then again, Valentine and the Wilpons have a rocky history too and that didn’t stop the Mets thing from yesterday.
Crasnick also says that Rays’ bench coach Dave Martinez is on the Marlins’ list too. Not sure why I didn’t know he was the Rays’ bench coach. I’ve totally forgotten about him, actually. My Dave Martinez-dar is so faulty these days that I probably would have bet money that the Cubs were considering him as a fourth outfielder next season.
- Five Royals ejected in Sunday’s series finale against the Athletics 16
- White Sox will promote Carlos Rodon on Monday 1
- Another one bites the dust: Mets lose young catcher Travis d’Arnaud to fractured right hand 10
- National League GM says Phillies’ asking price for Cole Hamels hasn’t dropped “one bit” 10
- Giants receive their 2014 World Series championship rings 19
- Angels activate Garrett Richards for Sunday debut 2
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 38
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 12
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)