Sep 1, 2010, 12:00 PM EDT
It’s been nearly 20 hours since the last Bobby Valentine managerial rumor, so why not throw another one on the pile?
ESPN’s Jerry Crasnick says that the Marlins are still considering Valentine and that he’s “on their list.” I question whether they’re on his list given how freaking mad they made him back in June, but then again, Valentine and the Wilpons have a rocky history too and that didn’t stop the Mets thing from yesterday.
Crasnick also says that Rays’ bench coach Dave Martinez is on the Marlins’ list too. Not sure why I didn’t know he was the Rays’ bench coach. I’ve totally forgotten about him, actually. My Dave Martinez-dar is so faulty these days that I probably would have bet money that the Cubs were considering him as a fourth outfielder next season.
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 3
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 81
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 59
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 15
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 27
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 65
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (202)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” (97)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (87)