Sep 1, 2010, 12:00 PM EDT
It’s been nearly 20 hours since the last Bobby Valentine managerial rumor, so why not throw another one on the pile?
ESPN’s Jerry Crasnick says that the Marlins are still considering Valentine and that he’s “on their list.” I question whether they’re on his list given how freaking mad they made him back in June, but then again, Valentine and the Wilpons have a rocky history too and that didn’t stop the Mets thing from yesterday.
Crasnick also says that Rays’ bench coach Dave Martinez is on the Marlins’ list too. Not sure why I didn’t know he was the Rays’ bench coach. I’ve totally forgotten about him, actually. My Dave Martinez-dar is so faulty these days that I probably would have bet money that the Cubs were considering him as a fourth outfielder next season.
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 3
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 16
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 9
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 29
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 19
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 13
- Matt Williams on Bryce Harper’s ejection: “He needs to stay in the baseball game” 42
- UPDATE: C.J. Wilson needs elbow surgery and will likely miss the rest of the season 14
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (190)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)