Sep 1, 2010, 12:00 PM EDT
It’s been nearly 20 hours since the last Bobby Valentine managerial rumor, so why not throw another one on the pile?
ESPN’s Jerry Crasnick says that the Marlins are still considering Valentine and that he’s “on their list.” I question whether they’re on his list given how freaking mad they made him back in June, but then again, Valentine and the Wilpons have a rocky history too and that didn’t stop the Mets thing from yesterday.
Crasnick also says that Rays’ bench coach Dave Martinez is on the Marlins’ list too. Not sure why I didn’t know he was the Rays’ bench coach. I’ve totally forgotten about him, actually. My Dave Martinez-dar is so faulty these days that I probably would have bet money that the Cubs were considering him as a fourth outfielder next season.
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 10
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 63
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 56
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Tony La Russa denies that Kirk Gibson’s job is safe 22
- Pirates activate Andrew McCutchen from the disabled list 2
- HBT Daily: They’ve dropped six straight, but the Pirates may be the Wild Card favorites 2
- The Diamondbacks plan to bring back Kirk Gibson for some reason 31
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (125)
- Jayson Werth clocked at 105 m.p.h. in a 55 zone, is charged with reckless driving (88)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Baseball is dying, you guys (78)
- A vote for Tom Werner for commissioner is a vote to return to the dark ages (78)