Bobby Valentine to the Marlins is not dead yet

Sep 1, 2010, 12:00 PM EST

It’s been nearly 20 hours since the last Bobby Valentine managerial rumor, so why not throw another one on the pile?

ESPN’s Jerry Crasnick says that the Marlins are still considering Valentine and that he’s “on their list.”  I question whether they’re on his list given how freaking mad they made him back in June, but then again, Valentine and the Wilpons have a rocky history too and that didn’t stop the Mets thing from yesterday.

Crasnick also says that Rays’ bench coach Dave Martinez is on the Marlins’ list too. Not sure why I didn’t know he was the Rays’ bench coach. I’ve totally forgotten about him, actually. My Dave Martinez-dar is so faulty these days that I probably would have bet money that the Cubs were considering him as a fourth outfielder next season.

1. Buccofan - Sep 1, 2010 at 1:08 PM

I was going to say that you used a typical picture of Bobby Valentine, with his mouth wide open, but then I realized that there may not be any of him with his mouth closed.

2. Knight-of-God - Sep 1, 2010 at 1:21 PM

Craig, fess up… You’re really Bobby V, aren’t yout? If not he should send you a nice fruit basket. You talk about him more than his wife does!

3. BC - Sep 1, 2010 at 2:04 PM

Should have used the moustache disguise picture.

4. The Rabbit - Sep 1, 2010 at 2:17 PM

Craig, I’m disappointed. This post just begs for a Holy Grail or Pet Shop parrot reference.

5. Old Gator - Sep 2, 2010 at 12:12 AM

This managerial candidacy is dead. He is an ex-manager.
    That’s the manager? Yeah. How do you know? ‘Cause he ain’t got shit all over him.
    There ya go, Rabbit.
    If Bobby Valentine were dumb enough to embroil himself in the dystopia that is the Feesh upper echelon, he would wind up as Joe Girardi Light – butting heads with the Chihuahua, abrading up against Larry Beinfest, and ultimately becoming as openly contemptuous of Scrooge McLoria as just about everyone else who’s worked for him. A year later, he’d be back with the Mutts anyway, so why not just wait for Minaya to fall and take that backstabbing slug of a manager down with him, and go right back to New York.

Maddon has high hopes for Cubs
  1. P. Sandoval (4572)