Sep 1, 2010, 5:28 PM EDT
Longtime reader Evan has a pretty good point in response to the Red Sox medical staff stuff from earlier this afternoon. Basically, the knives are out for one and all as it dawns on everyone that the season is going to end on October 3rd:
I think this is more a product of the team’s disappointing season rather than anything tangible. If the Sox were in first place (or even ahead in the Wild Card standings) would anyone be questioning decisions by their medical staff and/or communication from their front office? No.
When a season doesn’t go your way, everyone from the bat boy to the owner is an accessory. I bet someone writes an article about the rude parking lot attendants that send disillusioned fans into the stadium. Instead of cheering, the fans spend the game complaining about the bad service and the home field advantage is jeopardized.
He could very well be right. Red Sox Nation has a tendency to eat their own when things go bad.
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 13
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 17
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 48
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 134
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 88
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 40
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (134)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)
- The Lester trade is a win-win (112)