Sep 1, 2010, 1:00 PM EST
There was a story in the Star-Telegram yesterday about how Ron Washington is going to play in a Minnesota Twins old timers game this weekend. In it it’s mentioned that Eddie Guardado is going to play too. Hardly seems fair, as Gardado was pitching in spring training just this year. And he gets to face guys pushing 60?
I was talking to Gleeman about this a few minutes ago and he says that there was another old timers game in Minnesota recently in which Corey Koskie played and just dominated the thing. Without the concussions Koskie would still be playing in the majors most likely.
Makes me wonder if it’s not time again to come up with some kind of seniors league. These guys golf and have families and stuff so they wouldn’t want to spend a lot of time on it, but I bet if MLB Network or someone arranged a weekly game for TV purposes that it’d go over well. Get characters like Rickey Henderson, mic the guys up and let her fly.
The quality of play may be on the low side, but I’d watch that. Wouldn’t you watch that?
- Matt Harvey makes his return. And he was really impressive. 19
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 28
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 34
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 146
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (379)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (146)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)