Sep 1, 2010, 1:00 PM EDT
There was a story in the Star-Telegram yesterday about how Ron Washington is going to play in a Minnesota Twins old timers game this weekend. In it it’s mentioned that Eddie Guardado is going to play too. Hardly seems fair, as Gardado was pitching in spring training just this year. And he gets to face guys pushing 60?
I was talking to Gleeman about this a few minutes ago and he says that there was another old timers game in Minnesota recently in which Corey Koskie played and just dominated the thing. Without the concussions Koskie would still be playing in the majors most likely.
Makes me wonder if it’s not time again to come up with some kind of seniors league. These guys golf and have families and stuff so they wouldn’t want to spend a lot of time on it, but I bet if MLB Network or someone arranged a weekly game for TV purposes that it’d go over well. Get characters like Rickey Henderson, mic the guys up and let her fly.
The quality of play may be on the low side, but I’d watch that. Wouldn’t you watch that?
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 0
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 8
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 28
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 19
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 13
- Matt Williams on Bryce Harper’s ejection: “He needs to stay in the baseball game” 42
- UPDATE: C.J. Wilson needs elbow surgery and will likely miss the rest of the season 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 45
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (188)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)