Sep 1, 2010, 1:00 PM EDT
There was a story in the Star-Telegram yesterday about how Ron Washington is going to play in a Minnesota Twins old timers game this weekend. In it it’s mentioned that Eddie Guardado is going to play too. Hardly seems fair, as Gardado was pitching in spring training just this year. And he gets to face guys pushing 60?
I was talking to Gleeman about this a few minutes ago and he says that there was another old timers game in Minnesota recently in which Corey Koskie played and just dominated the thing. Without the concussions Koskie would still be playing in the majors most likely.
Makes me wonder if it’s not time again to come up with some kind of seniors league. These guys golf and have families and stuff so they wouldn’t want to spend a lot of time on it, but I bet if MLB Network or someone arranged a weekly game for TV purposes that it’d go over well. Get characters like Rickey Henderson, mic the guys up and let her fly.
The quality of play may be on the low side, but I’d watch that. Wouldn’t you watch that?
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 2
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 39
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 23
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 55
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 20
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 99
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (109)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (79)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)