Sep 1, 2010, 1:00 PM EST
There was a story in the Star-Telegram yesterday about how Ron Washington is going to play in a Minnesota Twins old timers game this weekend. In it it’s mentioned that Eddie Guardado is going to play too. Hardly seems fair, as Gardado was pitching in spring training just this year. And he gets to face guys pushing 60?
I was talking to Gleeman about this a few minutes ago and he says that there was another old timers game in Minnesota recently in which Corey Koskie played and just dominated the thing. Without the concussions Koskie would still be playing in the majors most likely.
Makes me wonder if it’s not time again to come up with some kind of seniors league. These guys golf and have families and stuff so they wouldn’t want to spend a lot of time on it, but I bet if MLB Network or someone arranged a weekly game for TV purposes that it’d go over well. Get characters like Rickey Henderson, mic the guys up and let her fly.
The quality of play may be on the low side, but I’d watch that. Wouldn’t you watch that?
- Mariners sign Corey Hart 20
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 33
- Media paying for athlete interviews? Not likely. But watch this stuff closely anyway. 20
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 12
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 65
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)