Sep 1, 2010, 1:00 PM EDT
There was a story in the Star-Telegram yesterday about how Ron Washington is going to play in a Minnesota Twins old timers game this weekend. In it it’s mentioned that Eddie Guardado is going to play too. Hardly seems fair, as Gardado was pitching in spring training just this year. And he gets to face guys pushing 60?
I was talking to Gleeman about this a few minutes ago and he says that there was another old timers game in Minnesota recently in which Corey Koskie played and just dominated the thing. Without the concussions Koskie would still be playing in the majors most likely.
Makes me wonder if it’s not time again to come up with some kind of seniors league. These guys golf and have families and stuff so they wouldn’t want to spend a lot of time on it, but I bet if MLB Network or someone arranged a weekly game for TV purposes that it’d go over well. Get characters like Rickey Henderson, mic the guys up and let her fly.
The quality of play may be on the low side, but I’d watch that. Wouldn’t you watch that?
- Video: Jake Arrieta strikes out Chase Utley to complete his no-hitter 3
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 19
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 9
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 6
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 55
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 10
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)