Sep 1, 2010, 10:41 PM EDT
In case anyone cares — OK, everyone cares — Nick Cafardo of the Boston Globe is reporting that new White Sox designated hitter Manny Ramirez will trim his long-flowing dreadlocks on either Thursday or Friday of this week to comply with his new club’s rules about overgrown hair.
How’d Cafardo get that information? Manny’s barber. Seriously.
And what is Manny’s barber’s name? “LMontro.” Seriously.
Manny finished 1-for-3 with a single and a strikeout in his debut for the White Sox on Wednesday. He hit .311/.405/.510 with eight home runs and 40 RBI in 196 at-bats for the Dodgers and is expected to serve as the everyday designated hitter for Chicago down the stretch. And he’ll be lighter on his feet! Or whatever.
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (116)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (104)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (92)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore (73)
- Sharks pull even with Kings
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- PBT: Cavs win NBA draft lottery, will pick No. 1
- PBT: Nick Gilbert again Cavs' good luck charm
- PBT: Grizzlies figuring out Spurs after Game 2
- PBT: Spurs survive Grizzlies' late run, win in OT