Sep 1, 2010, 10:41 PM EST
In case anyone cares — OK, everyone cares — Nick Cafardo of the Boston Globe is reporting that new White Sox designated hitter Manny Ramirez will trim his long-flowing dreadlocks on either Thursday or Friday of this week to comply with his new club’s rules about overgrown hair.
How’d Cafardo get that information? Manny’s barber. Seriously.
And what is Manny’s barber’s name? “LMontro.” Seriously.
Manny finished 1-for-3 with a single and a strikeout in his debut for the White Sox on Wednesday. He hit .311/.405/.510 with eight home runs and 40 RBI in 196 at-bats for the Dodgers and is expected to serve as the everyday designated hitter for Chicago down the stretch. And he’ll be lighter on his feet! Or whatever.
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 47
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 39
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 117
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 47
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 17
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 7
- Alex Rodriguez recently met with incoming MLB commissioner Rob Manfred 15
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 75
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (144)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (117)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)