Sep 1, 2010, 10:41 PM EDT
In case anyone cares — OK, everyone cares — Nick Cafardo of the Boston Globe is reporting that new White Sox designated hitter Manny Ramirez will trim his long-flowing dreadlocks on either Thursday or Friday of this week to comply with his new club’s rules about overgrown hair.
How’d Cafardo get that information? Manny’s barber. Seriously.
And what is Manny’s barber’s name? “LMontro.” Seriously.
Manny finished 1-for-3 with a single and a strikeout in his debut for the White Sox on Wednesday. He hit .311/.405/.510 with eight home runs and 40 RBI in 196 at-bats for the Dodgers and is expected to serve as the everyday designated hitter for Chicago down the stretch. And he’ll be lighter on his feet! Or whatever.
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 114
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 64
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 36
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (127)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)