Sep 1, 2010, 10:41 PM EDT
In case anyone cares — OK, everyone cares — Nick Cafardo of the Boston Globe is reporting that new White Sox designated hitter Manny Ramirez will trim his long-flowing dreadlocks on either Thursday or Friday of this week to comply with his new club’s rules about overgrown hair.
How’d Cafardo get that information? Manny’s barber. Seriously.
And what is Manny’s barber’s name? “LMontro.” Seriously.
Manny finished 1-for-3 with a single and a strikeout in his debut for the White Sox on Wednesday. He hit .311/.405/.510 with eight home runs and 40 RBI in 196 at-bats for the Dodgers and is expected to serve as the everyday designated hitter for Chicago down the stretch. And he’ll be lighter on his feet! Or whatever.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 113
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore 155
- Cardinals confirm Adam Wainwright is done for season with torn Achilles 22
- Source: Josh Hamilton rejected a trade to a National League team because he wanted to go back to Texas 52
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 56
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 356
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 60
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (356)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (199)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (172)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore (155)