Sep 1, 2010, 10:41 PM EDT
In case anyone cares — OK, everyone cares — Nick Cafardo of the Boston Globe is reporting that new White Sox designated hitter Manny Ramirez will trim his long-flowing dreadlocks on either Thursday or Friday of this week to comply with his new club’s rules about overgrown hair.
How’d Cafardo get that information? Manny’s barber. Seriously.
And what is Manny’s barber’s name? “LMontro.” Seriously.
Manny finished 1-for-3 with a single and a strikeout in his debut for the White Sox on Wednesday. He hit .311/.405/.510 with eight home runs and 40 RBI in 196 at-bats for the Dodgers and is expected to serve as the everyday designated hitter for Chicago down the stretch. And he’ll be lighter on his feet! Or whatever.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 14
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 81
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 115
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (115)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)