Sep 1, 2010, 1:15 PM EDT
Nationals center fielder Nyjer Morgan is currently appealing his seven-game suspension for throwing a ball into the stands after jawing with fans in Philadelphia last week, but in the meantime he got into another “incident” with a fan at last night’s game in Florida.
After getting into his second home-plate collision with a catcher in the past week–injuring Marlins backstop Brett Hayes–Morgan took his place out in center field and began angrily shouting at a fan.
I’m not a professional lip-reader or anything, but it seems pretty clear that he’s saying … well, let’s go with “shut up, you obese female dog.” You can see the video here.
He’s also hitting just .257/.317/.319 and has been caught stealing a league-high 15 times, so Morgan has been an all-around mess this season. It wouldn’t be surprising to see the Nationals non-tender him this winter.
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 14
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 71
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 63
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 99
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (99)
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (91)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)