Sep 1, 2010, 1:15 PM EST
Nationals center fielder Nyjer Morgan is currently appealing his seven-game suspension for throwing a ball into the stands after jawing with fans in Philadelphia last week, but in the meantime he got into another “incident” with a fan at last night’s game in Florida.
After getting into his second home-plate collision with a catcher in the past week–injuring Marlins backstop Brett Hayes–Morgan took his place out in center field and began angrily shouting at a fan.
I’m not a professional lip-reader or anything, but it seems pretty clear that he’s saying … well, let’s go with “shut up, you obese female dog.” You can see the video here.
He’s also hitting just .257/.317/.319 and has been caught stealing a league-high 15 times, so Morgan has been an all-around mess this season. It wouldn’t be surprising to see the Nationals non-tender him this winter.
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 61
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 47
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 35
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 52
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- Rosenthal proposal: make relievers face more than one batter per appearance (74)