Sep 1, 2010, 1:15 PM EDT
Nationals center fielder Nyjer Morgan is currently appealing his seven-game suspension for throwing a ball into the stands after jawing with fans in Philadelphia last week, but in the meantime he got into another “incident” with a fan at last night’s game in Florida.
After getting into his second home-plate collision with a catcher in the past week–injuring Marlins backstop Brett Hayes–Morgan took his place out in center field and began angrily shouting at a fan.
I’m not a professional lip-reader or anything, but it seems pretty clear that he’s saying … well, let’s go with “shut up, you obese female dog.” You can see the video here.
He’s also hitting just .257/.317/.319 and has been caught stealing a league-high 15 times, so Morgan has been an all-around mess this season. It wouldn’t be surprising to see the Nationals non-tender him this winter.
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 30
- Mets, Brewers call off reported Carlos Gomez trade 46
- Rangers “close to getting” Phillies ace Cole Hamels 55
- Dodgers, Marlins, Braves trade involving Mat Latos “simply being held up by paperwork” 65
- The Tigers are going to “reboot;” plan to trade Price and Cespedes 72
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 49
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 51
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 32
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)