Sep 1, 2010, 8:22 PM EDT
Andy Pettitte continues to make progress in his rehab from a strained left groin.
According to Mike Mazzeo of the Newark Star-Ledger, the veteran left-hander threw a 55-pitch bullpen session on Wednesday at Yankee Stadium and reported feeling “good.”
“I threw 30 pitches like a warm-up, sat down for about five minutes and threw a good, hard simulated (25-pitch) innings,” said Pettitte. “I felt good and had no discomfort in there at all. This is definitely the best I’ve felt, I just want to continue to go out there and not have any problems.”
Pettitte was off to an incredible start this season before the groin issue sidelined him in mid-July. Once healthy, he will return to an 11-2 record, a 2.88 ERA and a 1.20 WHIP. He’s also fanned 90 batters in 115.2 innings and allowed only 38 walks. The Yankees believe he is a little under two weeks from returning to the starting rotation.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 15
- Zack Wheeler goes six scoreless innings in MLB debut 11
- The San Jose lawsuit against Major League Baseball should be thrown out of court 40
- San Jose sues Major League Baseball, challenging its monopoly power 26
- Original Biogenesis source: “the people running Major League Baseball are the biggest scumbags on Earth” 41
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Neil deGrasse Tyson explains why beanball wars are stupid (104)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- CSN: Patriots' Hernandez questioned in murder investigation
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- HBT: Mets' Wheeler goes six scoreless in MLB debut
- Lolo Jones' attempt at humor backfires