Sep 1, 2010, 2:03 PM EDT
“What else am I going to do on a Monday night? My wife’s not here.”
– Buck Showalter, explaining why he spent his Monday night off watching draft pick Manny Machado in nearby Aberdeen, Maryland on Monday night.
I can appreciate the relative lack of imagination. Back before we had kids, if my wife was going out of town on business or something I got equally crazy: I’d check and see if the Columbus Clippers were in town.
You can’t tame wild baseball dudes. You can only hope they don’t run too wild.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 42
- Jose Altuve breaks Craig Biggio’s franchise record, tallying his 211th hit of the season 8
- Orioles beat Blue Jays to clinch AL East title 35
- Tanner Roark dominates as Nationals clinch NL East 22
- Masahiro Tanaka to pitch on Sunday 11
- Astros shut down George Springer for the season 0
- The Blue Jays will make a qualifying offer to Melky Cabrera 26
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 34
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)