Sep 1, 2010, 2:03 PM EDT
“What else am I going to do on a Monday night? My wife’s not here.”
– Buck Showalter, explaining why he spent his Monday night off watching draft pick Manny Machado in nearby Aberdeen, Maryland on Monday night.
I can appreciate the relative lack of imagination. Back before we had kids, if my wife was going out of town on business or something I got equally crazy: I’d check and see if the Columbus Clippers were in town.
You can’t tame wild baseball dudes. You can only hope they don’t run too wild.
- Madison Bumgarner delivers a shutout as Giants roll past Pirates in NL Wild Card Game 5
- Angels announce ALDS rotation: Jered Weaver in Game 1, Matt Shoemaker for Game 2 2
- The beauty of belief 42
- MLB to test new pace-of-play rules in the Arizona Fall League — including a pitch clock 44
- Playoff Reset: The National League Wild Card Game 15
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 3
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 25
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 75
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Ned Yost on the sixth inning and his bullpen usage: “its just one of those things” (81)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)