Sep 1, 2010, 2:03 PM EDT
“What else am I going to do on a Monday night? My wife’s not here.”
– Buck Showalter, explaining why he spent his Monday night off watching draft pick Manny Machado in nearby Aberdeen, Maryland on Monday night.
I can appreciate the relative lack of imagination. Back before we had kids, if my wife was going out of town on business or something I got equally crazy: I’d check and see if the Columbus Clippers were in town.
You can’t tame wild baseball dudes. You can only hope they don’t run too wild.
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 65
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 15
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 21
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 108
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15