Sep 1, 2010, 2:03 PM EDT
“What else am I going to do on a Monday night? My wife’s not here.”
– Buck Showalter, explaining why he spent his Monday night off watching draft pick Manny Machado in nearby Aberdeen, Maryland on Monday night.
I can appreciate the relative lack of imagination. Back before we had kids, if my wife was going out of town on business or something I got equally crazy: I’d check and see if the Columbus Clippers were in town.
You can’t tame wild baseball dudes. You can only hope they don’t run too wild.
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence 54
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 48
- Mariners’ interest in Matt Kemp is “very real” 27
- Astros players upset over Mark Appel’s promotion to Double-A, bullpen session in Houston 43
- Four theories about the Hall of Fame voting changes 24
- Troy Tulowitzki is visiting a sports hernia surgeon 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 29
- Giants acquire Jake Peavy from Red Sox 55
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)