Sep 1, 2010, 2:03 PM EDT
“What else am I going to do on a Monday night? My wife’s not here.”
– Buck Showalter, explaining why he spent his Monday night off watching draft pick Manny Machado in nearby Aberdeen, Maryland on Monday night.
I can appreciate the relative lack of imagination. Back before we had kids, if my wife was going out of town on business or something I got equally crazy: I’d check and see if the Columbus Clippers were in town.
You can’t tame wild baseball dudes. You can only hope they don’t run too wild.
- Manny Machado to undergo season-ending knee surgery 3
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare 196
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million 92
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 30
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 12
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 14
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 92
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 82
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (196)
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (84)