Sep 1, 2010, 3:02 PM EDT
With the waiver trade deadline coming and going with no deal, Ken Rosenthal reports that the Dodgers and Ted Lilly are interested in talking about a contract extension.
Makes sense for Lilly who, Rosenthal says, really wanted to be in Los Angeles a few years ago. Makes sense for the Dodgers too, who probably don’t want to enter another season with rotation consisting of Clayton Kershaw and the hopes for four days of rain.
I mean, maybe if it was the Marlins sure, it could be workable, but it never rains in southern California.
- Kevin Youkilis opts for retirement at age 35 27
- 10 nominees for Hall of Fame’s Veterans Committee announced 94
- Bochy’s championship resume ranks among game’s best 17
- Alex Gordon would have been a dead duck had he tried to score 80
- Video: Pablo Sandoval catches final out in foul territory, Giants win 2014 World Series 10
- Madison Bumgarner pitches the Giants to their third World Series win in five seasons 93
- Madison Bumgarner named World Series MVP … obviously 21
- Pablo Sandoval sets new postseason hits record 10
- A veteran says enough is enough when it comes to tributes for the soldiers (280)
- Jose Canseco shot his middle finger off (148)
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (142)
- Oscar Taveras dies after car accident in the Dominican Republic (140)
- 10-0! The Royals romp, tie it up at three games a piece (109)