Sep 1, 2010, 3:02 PM EDT
With the waiver trade deadline coming and going with no deal, Ken Rosenthal reports that the Dodgers and Ted Lilly are interested in talking about a contract extension.
Makes sense for Lilly who, Rosenthal says, really wanted to be in Los Angeles a few years ago. Makes sense for the Dodgers too, who probably don’t want to enter another season with rotation consisting of Clayton Kershaw and the hopes for four days of rain.
I mean, maybe if it was the Marlins sure, it could be workable, but it never rains in southern California.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 0
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 19
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 25
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 48
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 136
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 88
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (136)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)
- The Lester trade is a win-win (112)