Sep 1, 2010, 3:02 PM EST
With the waiver trade deadline coming and going with no deal, Ken Rosenthal reports that the Dodgers and Ted Lilly are interested in talking about a contract extension.
Makes sense for Lilly who, Rosenthal says, really wanted to be in Los Angeles a few years ago. Makes sense for the Dodgers too, who probably don’t want to enter another season with rotation consisting of Clayton Kershaw and the hopes for four days of rain.
I mean, maybe if it was the Marlins sure, it could be workable, but it never rains in southern California.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)