Sep 1, 2010, 12:29 PM EDT
Thank goodness Jay Gibbons didn’t follow through with his promise to donate to the Dodgers team charity! If he did, he might be getting subpoenas right now!
The attorney general’s office is investigating the compensation the Dodgers Dream Foundation made to club executive Howard Sunkin, who is an advisor / lobbyist / assistant for Frank McCourt.
investigation centers on the $400,000 in salary Sunkin received from
the charitable foundation in 2007, which was a quarter of the charity’s
I’m still stuck on why they paid this guy so much out of the charity. It’s possible that they wanted to have his lobbying salary subsidized by tax deductible contributions. Or maybe they wanted to try and hide how much they’re paying a guy who is basically a political fixer. Or maybe the McCourt’s faith healer told them to do it. Who knows?
We know this much, however: now that the AG is involved, they could be in big trouble over it.
(hat tip to Baseball Musings)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 75
- Mets, Brewers call off reported Carlos Gomez trade 62
- Dodgers, Marlins, Braves trade involving Mat Latos “simply being held up by paperwork” 66
- The Tigers are going to “reboot;” plan to trade Price and Cespedes 72
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 49
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 51
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 32
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 24
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)