Sep 1, 2010, 12:29 PM EDT
Thank goodness Jay Gibbons didn’t follow through with his promise to donate to the Dodgers team charity! If he did, he might be getting subpoenas right now!
The attorney general’s office is investigating the compensation the Dodgers Dream Foundation made to club executive Howard Sunkin, who is an advisor / lobbyist / assistant for Frank McCourt.
investigation centers on the $400,000 in salary Sunkin received from
the charitable foundation in 2007, which was a quarter of the charity’s
I’m still stuck on why they paid this guy so much out of the charity. It’s possible that they wanted to have his lobbying salary subsidized by tax deductible contributions. Or maybe they wanted to try and hide how much they’re paying a guy who is basically a political fixer. Or maybe the McCourt’s faith healer told them to do it. Who knows?
We know this much, however: now that the AG is involved, they could be in big trouble over it.
(hat tip to Baseball Musings)
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (122)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (116)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (81)
- Pacers even series with Heat
- Penguins bounce Senators | Highlights
- MST: Rosberg wins third straight pole in Monaco
- Tennis.com: Can anyone stop Serena at French?
- Tennis.com: Is French still Nadal's to lose?
- Tigers' Sanchez loses no-hitter in 9th vs. Twins
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy