Sep 1, 2010, 12:29 PM EDT
Thank goodness Jay Gibbons didn’t follow through with his promise to donate to the Dodgers team charity! If he did, he might be getting subpoenas right now!
The attorney general’s office is investigating the compensation the Dodgers Dream Foundation made to club executive Howard Sunkin, who is an advisor / lobbyist / assistant for Frank McCourt.
investigation centers on the $400,000 in salary Sunkin received from
the charitable foundation in 2007, which was a quarter of the charity’s
I’m still stuck on why they paid this guy so much out of the charity. It’s possible that they wanted to have his lobbying salary subsidized by tax deductible contributions. Or maybe they wanted to try and hide how much they’re paying a guy who is basically a political fixer. Or maybe the McCourt’s faith healer told them to do it. Who knows?
We know this much, however: now that the AG is involved, they could be in big trouble over it.
(hat tip to Baseball Musings)
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 0
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 33
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8
- Brandon Belt headed to disabled list with concussion 5
- Cardinals are interested in David Price, but “would want a financial commitment” from him 47
- Blue Jays, Giants “taking their best shot” at Chase Utley 19
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 27
- Baseball is dying, you guys (148)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Watch Derek Jeter tell Joe Buck to get the heck out of the clubhouse (91)
- Adam Wainwright follows the rules and pays the price (90)
- The Astros did not sign number one overall pick Brady Aiken. This is a big deal. (90)