Sep 1, 2010, 12:29 PM EDT
Thank goodness Jay Gibbons didn’t follow through with his promise to donate to the Dodgers team charity! If he did, he might be getting subpoenas right now!
The attorney general’s office is investigating the compensation the Dodgers Dream Foundation made to club executive Howard Sunkin, who is an advisor / lobbyist / assistant for Frank McCourt.
investigation centers on the $400,000 in salary Sunkin received from
the charitable foundation in 2007, which was a quarter of the charity’s
I’m still stuck on why they paid this guy so much out of the charity. It’s possible that they wanted to have his lobbying salary subsidized by tax deductible contributions. Or maybe they wanted to try and hide how much they’re paying a guy who is basically a political fixer. Or maybe the McCourt’s faith healer told them to do it. Who knows?
We know this much, however: now that the AG is involved, they could be in big trouble over it.
(hat tip to Baseball Musings)
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 16
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 50
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 11
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Brandon Phillips: “How the [expletive] am I declining?” (61)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)