Sep 1, 2010, 12:29 PM EDT
Thank goodness Jay Gibbons didn’t follow through with his promise to donate to the Dodgers team charity! If he did, he might be getting subpoenas right now!
The attorney general’s office is investigating the compensation the Dodgers Dream Foundation made to club executive Howard Sunkin, who is an advisor / lobbyist / assistant for Frank McCourt.
investigation centers on the $400,000 in salary Sunkin received from
the charitable foundation in 2007, which was a quarter of the charity’s
I’m still stuck on why they paid this guy so much out of the charity. It’s possible that they wanted to have his lobbying salary subsidized by tax deductible contributions. Or maybe they wanted to try and hide how much they’re paying a guy who is basically a political fixer. Or maybe the McCourt’s faith healer told them to do it. Who knows?
We know this much, however: now that the AG is involved, they could be in big trouble over it.
(hat tip to Baseball Musings)
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 22
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 26
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 43
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 18
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 24
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)
- Ichiro Suzuki passes Babe Ruth on the all-time hits list (76)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (71)
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves (71)