Sep 1, 2010, 4:56 PM EDT
Another series against a bad team in the books, another series loss. The Cardinals lost 5-2 to the Astros today, completing the sweep for Houston. This follows the Redbirds dropping three of four to the Nats and two of three to the Pirates. If you can’t get right against those teams, you’ve got a hell of a lot wrong with you. By the time we go to bed tonight, they could be eight games back.
Today’s loss was the same story it’s been for a couple of weeks now: no offense. The return of Jeff Suppan from the disabled list was no manna from heaven either, as he gave up four runs — and walked four — in five innings.
The Cardinals get a day off tomorrow before the Reds come to town. It will be the last time those two teams face one another this year. To say this is a make or break series for St. Louis would be a profound understatement.
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 2
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 4
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 83
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 51
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 2
- Marlins officially shut down Giancarlo Stanton for the season 6
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (90)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (85)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)