Sep 1, 2010, 4:56 PM EST
Another series against a bad team in the books, another series loss. The Cardinals lost 5-2 to the Astros today, completing the sweep for Houston. This follows the Redbirds dropping three of four to the Nats and two of three to the Pirates. If you can’t get right against those teams, you’ve got a hell of a lot wrong with you. By the time we go to bed tonight, they could be eight games back.
Today’s loss was the same story it’s been for a couple of weeks now: no offense. The return of Jeff Suppan from the disabled list was no manna from heaven either, as he gave up four runs — and walked four — in five innings.
The Cardinals get a day off tomorrow before the Reds come to town. It will be the last time those two teams face one another this year. To say this is a make or break series for St. Louis would be a profound understatement.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)