Sep 1, 2010, 11:28 AM EDT
Jon Bois is one of the funniest mofos on the planet, and if you’re the type of person who doesn’t like The Dugout well, you and I just can’t be friends.
Today he has a piece about the top 10 all-time triple crown villains (i.e. those interlopers who have taken a batting, home run or RBI title away from someone who people would have liked to see with the triple crown).
There’s lots to love there, but the gold of the piece is the Omar Infante entry. I honestly believe that he has made the phone calls to Bud Selig and Joey Votto that Bois transcribes there, and it makes me love Infante even more.
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 20
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 102
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 73
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 27
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 67
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (202)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (102)
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” (97)