Sep 1, 2010, 11:28 AM EST
Jon Bois is one of the funniest mofos on the planet, and if you’re the type of person who doesn’t like The Dugout well, you and I just can’t be friends.
Today he has a piece about the top 10 all-time triple crown villains (i.e. those interlopers who have taken a batting, home run or RBI title away from someone who people would have liked to see with the triple crown).
There’s lots to love there, but the gold of the piece is the Omar Infante entry. I honestly believe that he has made the phone calls to Bud Selig and Joey Votto that Bois transcribes there, and it makes me love Infante even more.
- Roy Halladay is retiring 53
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 48
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 61
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 49
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 23
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)