Sep 1, 2010, 11:28 AM EST
Jon Bois is one of the funniest mofos on the planet, and if you’re the type of person who doesn’t like The Dugout well, you and I just can’t be friends.
Today he has a piece about the top 10 all-time triple crown villains (i.e. those interlopers who have taken a batting, home run or RBI title away from someone who people would have liked to see with the triple crown).
There’s lots to love there, but the gold of the piece is the Omar Infante entry. I honestly believe that he has made the phone calls to Bud Selig and Joey Votto that Bois transcribes there, and it makes me love Infante even more.
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 64
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 32
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 13
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 119
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 85
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (119)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (93)
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site (90)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)