Sep 1, 2010, 11:28 AM EDT
Jon Bois is one of the funniest mofos on the planet, and if you’re the type of person who doesn’t like The Dugout well, you and I just can’t be friends.
Today he has a piece about the top 10 all-time triple crown villains (i.e. those interlopers who have taken a batting, home run or RBI title away from someone who people would have liked to see with the triple crown).
There’s lots to love there, but the gold of the piece is the Omar Infante entry. I honestly believe that he has made the phone calls to Bud Selig and Joey Votto that Bois transcribes there, and it makes me love Infante even more.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 40
- Andrew McCutchen departs game versus Cardinals after aggravating injured left rib cage 3
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 12
- Money, money, money (and Bud Selig’s nirvana) 14
- These days, the correlation between payroll and winning is historically weak 60
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- Report: Cubs calling up top prospect outfielder Jorge Soler 40
- Shin-Soo Choo to undergo season-ending bone spur surgery on elbow 13
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (142)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (89)