Sep 2, 2010, 1:30 PM EST
Hat tip to Gamingboy over at Baseball Think Factory for uncovering this lowish-quality but still enjoyable gem.
It’s Oakland A’s-era Billy Martin, pitching Atari Realsports Baseball. Martin liked it! Probably because he also liked abusing pitchers back when he managed the A’s, and the ones on the video game would never ever break down. Well, I imagine Martin found a way for them to break down. He was a tough sonofabitch.
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 0
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 21
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 54
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 85
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 48
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 36
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site (90)