Sep 2, 2010, 3:58 PM EDT
Well, at least this won’t give Yankees fans any reason to mock the brash young lad for his lack of manliness or toughness or whatnot:
Oakland Athletics pitcher Dallas Braden has left his latest start because of heat-related cramps. Braden
bent over after a pitch in the sixth inning Thursday at Yankee Stadium.
He was checked by a trainer and slowly walked off the field.
Guess he had to get off CC Sabathia’s mound.
A shame too, because it was a heck of a pitchers duel going on at the time, with the Yankees up 1-0. The game just ended with the Yankees winning 5-0. Braden did get in a plunking of Derek Jeter right before he cramped up, however, so he got some evil points in for the New York crowd.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 47
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 5
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 58
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (89)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)