Sep 2, 2010, 3:58 PM EDT
Well, at least this won’t give Yankees fans any reason to mock the brash young lad for his lack of manliness or toughness or whatnot:
Oakland Athletics pitcher Dallas Braden has left his latest start because of heat-related cramps. Braden
bent over after a pitch in the sixth inning Thursday at Yankee Stadium.
He was checked by a trainer and slowly walked off the field.
Guess he had to get off CC Sabathia’s mound.
A shame too, because it was a heck of a pitchers duel going on at the time, with the Yankees up 1-0. The game just ended with the Yankees winning 5-0. Braden did get in a plunking of Derek Jeter right before he cramped up, however, so he got some evil points in for the New York crowd.
- Doc Gooden calls B.S. on people saying pine tar is just to help pitchers get a grip on the ball 0
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating 108
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 65
- Clayton Kershaw cleared to begin rehab assignment on Friday at High-A Rancho Cucamonga 3
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension 155
- Josh Lueke is a rapist. How often does that bear repeating? (200)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (183)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (169)
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension (155)
- Chipper Jones chimed in on the Carlos Gomez incident (111)