Sep 2, 2010, 3:58 PM EDT
Well, at least this won’t give Yankees fans any reason to mock the brash young lad for his lack of manliness or toughness or whatnot:
Oakland Athletics pitcher Dallas Braden has left his latest start because of heat-related cramps. Braden
bent over after a pitch in the sixth inning Thursday at Yankee Stadium.
He was checked by a trainer and slowly walked off the field.
Guess he had to get off CC Sabathia’s mound.
A shame too, because it was a heck of a pitchers duel going on at the time, with the Yankees up 1-0. The game just ended with the Yankees winning 5-0. Braden did get in a plunking of Derek Jeter right before he cramped up, however, so he got some evil points in for the New York crowd.
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 4
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 15
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 55
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 28
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 26
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 48
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 49
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)