Sep 2, 2010, 2:49 PM EDT
According to Jon Paul Morosi of FOXSports.com the Diamondbacks “will begin interviewing general manager candidates over the next couple weeks” and have at least six candidates on their list.
Current interim general manager Jerry Dipoto and assistant general manager Peter Woodfork will obviously get interviews, and Morosi also mentions former Padres GM Kevin Towers, Yankees vice president of amateur scouting Damon Oppenheimer, and a pair of Dodgers assistant GMs, Logan White and De Jon Watson.
Towers could be the favorite simply based on his GM experience, but White is an interesting candidate given the praise he typically receives in scouting quarters. The fact that Dipoto based his evaluation of trade acquisition Joe Saunders largely on his win total and winning percentage would give me some pause hiring him full time, although I’ve liked some of his moves so far.
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 54
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 5
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 16
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 8
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 38
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 8
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 20
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)