Sep 2, 2010, 3:30 PM EDT
Hurricane Earl may have caused $150 million in property damage thus far and left 180,000 people without power, but if your parents had the foresight to name you Earl, you can save as much as $8!
The Portland Sea Dogs, the Double-A affiliate of the Boston Red Sox, are offering free tickets to tomorrow night’s ballgame at Hadlock Field to anyone named Earl. The
Sea Dogs are scheduled to host the New Hampshire Fisher Cats at 7 p.m. . . . to take advantage of the Sea Dogs’ offer, call (207) 879-9500 and say “My Name is Earl.” Proper identification will have to be presented at the ticket window.
Since it’s the name “Earl” we’re talking about, I’m assuming they’ll accept the presentation of one mustache as proper identification.
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 8
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 160
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 6
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 30
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 35
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (160)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)