Sep 2, 2010, 3:30 PM EDT
Hurricane Earl may have caused $150 million in property damage thus far and left 180,000 people without power, but if your parents had the foresight to name you Earl, you can save as much as $8!
The Portland Sea Dogs, the Double-A affiliate of the Boston Red Sox, are offering free tickets to tomorrow night’s ballgame at Hadlock Field to anyone named Earl. The
Sea Dogs are scheduled to host the New Hampshire Fisher Cats at 7 p.m. . . . to take advantage of the Sea Dogs’ offer, call (207) 879-9500 and say “My Name is Earl.” Proper identification will have to be presented at the ticket window.
Since it’s the name “Earl” we’re talking about, I’m assuming they’ll accept the presentation of one mustache as proper identification.
- Mariners’ interest in Matt Kemp is “very real” 21
- Astros players upset over Mark Appel’s promotion to Double-A, bullpen session in Houston 38
- Four theories about the Hall of Fame voting changes 21
- Troy Tulowitzki is visiting a sports hernia surgeon 9
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 29
- Giants acquire Jake Peavy from Red Sox 55
- Maximum stay on Hall of Fame ballot changed from 15 to 10 years 66
- Jon Lester is willing to return to the Red Sox as a free agent even if they trade him 32
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (164)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)