Sep 2, 2010, 3:30 PM EST
Hurricane Earl may have caused $150 million in property damage thus far and left 180,000 people without power, but if your parents had the foresight to name you Earl, you can save as much as $8!
The Portland Sea Dogs, the Double-A affiliate of the Boston Red Sox, are offering free tickets to tomorrow night’s ballgame at Hadlock Field to anyone named Earl. The
Sea Dogs are scheduled to host the New Hampshire Fisher Cats at 7 p.m. . . . to take advantage of the Sea Dogs’ offer, call (207) 879-9500 and say “My Name is Earl.” Proper identification will have to be presented at the ticket window.
Since it’s the name “Earl” we’re talking about, I’m assuming they’ll accept the presentation of one mustache as proper identification.
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 21
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 51
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 40
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 25
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- UPDATE: Red Sox finalizing a 4-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, with a vesting option 35
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 27
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (136)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (131)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)