Sep 2, 2010, 2:29 PM EDT
I’m far too caught up in a professional wrestling-induced Wikipedia k-hole to be watching the Yankees-A’s game right now, but apparently Nick Swisher left the game after his first at bat with a knee injury.
Writers at the game have been told that it’s “stiffness” in his left knee, but that’s obviously a symptom, not a diagnosis. For what it’s worth, he didn’t appear to do anything to it that was obviously injurious to it while on the field.
We’ll update you when we hear something further.
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 41
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 44
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 56
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (123)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (88)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)