Sep 2, 2010, 2:29 PM EDT
I’m far too caught up in a professional wrestling-induced Wikipedia k-hole to be watching the Yankees-A’s game right now, but apparently Nick Swisher left the game after his first at bat with a knee injury.
Writers at the game have been told that it’s “stiffness” in his left knee, but that’s obviously a symptom, not a diagnosis. For what it’s worth, he didn’t appear to do anything to it that was obviously injurious to it while on the field.
We’ll update you when we hear something further.
- Five Royals ejected in Sunday’s series finale against the Athletics 24
- White Sox will promote Carlos Rodon on Monday 5
- Another one bites the dust: Mets lose young catcher Travis d’Arnaud to fractured right hand 10
- National League GM says Phillies’ asking price for Cole Hamels hasn’t dropped “one bit” 11
- Giants receive their 2014 World Series championship rings 20
- Angels activate Garrett Richards for Sunday debut 2
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 38
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 12
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)