Nick Swisher leaves Yankees-A's game with knee injury

Sep 2, 2010, 2:29 PM EDT

I’m far too caught up in a professional wrestling-induced Wikipedia k-hole to be watching the Yankees-A’s game right now, but apparently Nick Swisher left the game after his first at bat with a knee injury.

Writers at the game have been told that it’s “stiffness” in his left knee, but that’s obviously a symptom, not a diagnosis. For what it’s worth, he didn’t appear to do anything to it that was obviously injurious to it while on the field.

We’ll update you when we hear something further.

1. ben s - Sep 2, 2010 at 2:50 PM

It’s the same knee he fouled a ball off last week against the Jays.

2. BigOldBarn - Sep 2, 2010 at 3:03 PM

Three things:
    1. More injuries to NYY is never a bad thing.
    2. Is it just me, or does Swisher look a little like Barry Horowitz?
    3. What the heck is a “k-hole”? It sounds very wrong and disturbing.

3. Kevin S. - Sep 2, 2010 at 3:22 PM

“1. More injuries to NYY is never a bad thing.”
    Class. Ee.

4. Food - Sep 2, 2010 at 4:20 PM

“K-Hole” describes the sensation felt during a dissociative state while using Ketamine.

5. Cheap Seat Chronicles - Sep 2, 2010 at 4:25 PM

If I had a dime for every f’n time I’ve wasted an entire afternoon doing the professional wrestling Wikipedia k-hole, I’d be freakin’ loaded.
    The worst is when you combine it with YouTube clip after YouTube clip of WCW matches and segments from back when it was a third-rate promotion. A Flair for the Gold…classic.

6. BigOldBarn - Sep 2, 2010 at 11:16 PM

Thank you. Far less disturbing than my initial thought. But colorful nonetheless.

7. BigOldBarn - Sep 2, 2010 at 11:19 PM

Oh, wow. I’ve spent hours on YouTube watching War Games matches and all sorts of NWA/WWF/WWE glory. I get the itch to watch War Games 1-2 times a month.

Who are the favorites for Rookie of the Year?
  1. R. Castillo (3681)