Sep 2, 2010, 8:45 PM EST
Major League Baseball is finally ready to levy a punishment on Nationals outfielder Nyjer Morgan for his various outbursts over the past few weeks.
Morgan threw a ball at a fan in Philadelphia in mid-August, intentionally plowed into an unsuspecting Cardinals catcher a week later, put the Marlins’ Brett Hayes out for three weeks with an upper-body check on Tuesday and incited a benches-clearing brawl on Wednesday night.
That’s quite a rap sheet, and ESPN.com’s Buster Olney suspects that Morgan might get a 5-10 game suspenion on top of the seven-game suspension that he is already attempting to appeal.
Essentially, the Nationals center fielder could be sidelined for half of September. And rightly so.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer comes out strongly against Chief Wahoo (116)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (86)
- Report: Harold Reynolds, Tom Verducci to join Joe Buck for World Series booth at Fox (73)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)