Ron Washington for manager of the year

Sep 2, 2010, 3:04 PM EST

Not just because he has led the Rangers to a big division lead, but because he has made it clear that he understands what wins baseball games and who, exactly, is in charge:

Francoeur, a 2002 first-round pick of the Atlanta Braves, hit .237 with 11 home runs and 54 RBIs in 124 games this season with the Mets.

“We got him here to face lefties,” Rangers manager Ron Washington said. “I’ll put him out there when we face lefties.” Washington said if Josh Hamilton and Nelson Cruz are healthy they would definitely be in the outfield every day.

How hard was that?  And if Francoeur will get onboard with being a platoon player — which he wouldn’t do in New York — and adjust his offseason salary expectations accordingly, he may find himself playing major league baseball for a few more years.

1. ThatGuy - Sep 2, 2010 at 3:20 PM

And the man loves him so cocaine…

2. El Bravo - Sep 2, 2010 at 3:35 PM

I hear it’s more of a love-hate relationship depending on the time of day, day of the week and the imminence of a drug test.

3. Jonny5 - Sep 2, 2010 at 4:10 PM

I can imagine what’s going to happen when Frenchies agent starts making demands about playing time……
    Frenchies agent: “Uhhh, Mr. Washington sir”
    Washington: “What the Fluck do you want, I’m working here!”
    Frenchies agent: “Well I represent a certain player”
    Washington: ” I know who the Fluck you are, You’re Frenchies agent, now spit it the hell out, I don’t have time for this sheeit!”
    Frenchies agent: “Well Mr. Francoeur thinks he should play full time so you can use some of his greatness to help strengthen the team, because he’s so great and all. And we can talk extension money at a later date of course”
    Washington: You’re lucky I gave up the nose candy beeitch, so I’ll just tell you to get the hell out, and stop filling Frenchie’s head with the illusion that he’s good enough to do anything but pinch hit here.
    Frenchie’s agent: “Umm, ok Mr. Washington. Frenchie! Frenchie!
    Frenchie: yeah, what’s up?
    Frenchie’s agent: I’m out of here. It didn’t work. You’re a pinch hitter, You’ll platoon against Lefties too. get used to it.

4. minnesconsin_ad - Sep 2, 2010 at 4:29 PM

i’d be happy if washington takes those honors…. just don’t let it be gardenhire!

5. matt - Sep 3, 2010 at 12:19 AM

Craig, again with Frenchy??? I agree he is delusional and a strikeout machine but let it go sparky.

Maddon has high hopes for Cubs
  1. P. Sandoval (6010)