Sep 2, 2010, 11:59 AM EDT
Carlos Delgado hasn’t played in a game down at Pawtucket since August 15th, and now it seems he won’t be playing in any more. The big man flew to Colorado yesterday to consult Dr. Marc Phillipon about discomfort in his left hip. Note: it was his right hip that had been giving him all the trouble for the last year and a half. It was Dr. Phillipon who had performed the previous surgeries.
Delgado played in just five games in his comeback attempt. I’m going to go out on a limb here and guess that the attempt and, most likely his career, is over.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)