Sep 2, 2010, 11:59 AM EDT
Carlos Delgado hasn’t played in a game down at Pawtucket since August 15th, and now it seems he won’t be playing in any more. The big man flew to Colorado yesterday to consult Dr. Marc Phillipon about discomfort in his left hip. Note: it was his right hip that had been giving him all the trouble for the last year and a half. It was Dr. Phillipon who had performed the previous surgeries.
Delgado played in just five games in his comeback attempt. I’m going to go out on a limb here and guess that the attempt and, most likely his career, is over.
- Mike Minor loses his no-hit bid with two outs in the eighth 4
- Manny Machado to undergo season-ending knee surgery 25
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare 219
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million 95
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 31
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 12
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 14
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 92
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (235)
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (86)