Sep 2, 2010, 11:59 AM EDT
Carlos Delgado hasn’t played in a game down at Pawtucket since August 15th, and now it seems he won’t be playing in any more. The big man flew to Colorado yesterday to consult Dr. Marc Phillipon about discomfort in his left hip. Note: it was his right hip that had been giving him all the trouble for the last year and a half. It was Dr. Phillipon who had performed the previous surgeries.
Delgado played in just five games in his comeback attempt. I’m going to go out on a limb here and guess that the attempt and, most likely his career, is over.
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 1
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 5
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 55
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 10
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 34
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 18
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)