Sep 2, 2010, 11:59 AM EST
Carlos Delgado hasn’t played in a game down at Pawtucket since August 15th, and now it seems he won’t be playing in any more. The big man flew to Colorado yesterday to consult Dr. Marc Phillipon about discomfort in his left hip. Note: it was his right hip that had been giving him all the trouble for the last year and a half. It was Dr. Phillipon who had performed the previous surgeries.
Delgado played in just five games in his comeback attempt. I’m going to go out on a limb here and guess that the attempt and, most likely his career, is over.
- Jose Iglesias, with an extended aside about cheeseburger and burrito stats 9
- Cliff Pennington avoids arbitration, agrees to $3.275 million deal with D’Backs 4
- Dan Uggla played through undiagnosed concussion in 2014 29
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 45
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 62
- Report: Hiroki Kuroda is going back to Japan 26
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86