Sep 2, 2010, 11:59 AM EDT
Carlos Delgado hasn’t played in a game down at Pawtucket since August 15th, and now it seems he won’t be playing in any more. The big man flew to Colorado yesterday to consult Dr. Marc Phillipon about discomfort in his left hip. Note: it was his right hip that had been giving him all the trouble for the last year and a half. It was Dr. Phillipon who had performed the previous surgeries.
Delgado played in just five games in his comeback attempt. I’m going to go out on a limb here and guess that the attempt and, most likely his career, is over.
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 13
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 17
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 48
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 134
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 88
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 40
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (135)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)
- The Lester trade is a win-win (112)