Sep 3, 2010, 9:25 PM EDT
In case you haven’t had enough of baseball’s new sensation, here’s an interesting tidbit from John Fay of the Cincinnati Enquirer.
Apparently, Chapman has vanity plates on his vehicles. Specifically, “102MPH” on his Lamborghini and “101MPH” on his Mercedes.
Now that the Cuban fireballer has reached 102.7 MPH and 103.9 MPH in his first two major league appearances, he’s ready to make some changes.
“I just texted his advisor,” Louisville trainer Tomas Vera said. “He’s going to see if he can get 104MPH and 105MPH.”
If 32 percent of Reds fans can be believed, he might need to reserve 106MPH, too.
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 7
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 85
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 60
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 54
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 20