Sep 3, 2010, 2:29 PM EDT
Actually, it’s more of an anti-Brett Favre rule. Susan Slusser of the Chron:
Eric Chavez won’t be announcing his retirement today – he said he has his own personal “Brett Favre” rule and will wait until he’s been away at least two years before making any such decision official.
Thank goodness. Now we will be saved from the inevitable hijacking of the national sports media as it plays the “what will Chavez do?” game every spring.
And from the sounds of Slusser’s article by the way, Chavez’s two-year waiting period began when he played his last game on May 20th.
- Manny Machado could join the Orioles as soon as next weekend 0
- Michael Pineda suspended 10 games for “foreign substance” 43
- Doc Gooden calls B.S. on people saying pine tar is just to help pitchers get a grip on the ball 86
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating 126
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Josh Lueke is a rapist. How often does that bear repeating? (201)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (183)
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension (156)
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating (126)
- Chipper Jones chimed in on the Carlos Gomez incident (111)