Sep 3, 2010, 2:29 PM EDT
Actually, it’s more of an anti-Brett Favre rule. Susan Slusser of the Chron:
Eric Chavez won’t be announcing his retirement today – he said he has his own personal “Brett Favre” rule and will wait until he’s been away at least two years before making any such decision official.
Thank goodness. Now we will be saved from the inevitable hijacking of the national sports media as it plays the “what will Chavez do?” game every spring.
And from the sounds of Slusser’s article by the way, Chavez’s two-year waiting period began when he played his last game on May 20th.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 60
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 6
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 67
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (85)