Sep 3, 2010, 2:29 PM EST
Actually, it’s more of an anti-Brett Favre rule. Susan Slusser of the Chron:
Eric Chavez won’t be announcing his retirement today – he said he has his own personal “Brett Favre” rule and will wait until he’s been away at least two years before making any such decision official.
Thank goodness. Now we will be saved from the inevitable hijacking of the national sports media as it plays the “what will Chavez do?” game every spring.
And from the sounds of Slusser’s article by the way, Chavez’s two-year waiting period began when he played his last game on May 20th.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer comes out strongly against Chief Wahoo (116)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (98)
- Report: Harold Reynolds, Tom Verducci to join Joe Buck for World Series booth at Fox (73)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)