Sep 3, 2010, 2:29 PM EDT
Actually, it’s more of an anti-Brett Favre rule. Susan Slusser of the Chron:
Eric Chavez won’t be announcing his retirement today – he said he has his own personal “Brett Favre” rule and will wait until he’s been away at least two years before making any such decision official.
Thank goodness. Now we will be saved from the inevitable hijacking of the national sports media as it plays the “what will Chavez do?” game every spring.
And from the sounds of Slusser’s article by the way, Chavez’s two-year waiting period began when he played his last game on May 20th.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (241)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (111)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)