Sep 3, 2010, 5:59 PM EDT
Freakin’ Manny. Quittin’ again . . .
The game between the Chicago White Sox and
Boston Red Sox was postponed Friday because of the threat of severe
weather from Hurricane Earl.The opener of the three-game series was rescheduled as the first game of a day-night doubleheader Saturday.
I’m wonderin’ how many baseball games have been canceled because of hurricanes. I’m assuming Baseball-Reference will add a tab for that at some point in the near future.
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 51
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 16
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 114
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 54
- Pete Rose will be allowed to participate in All-Star Game festivities 69
- Career over? Joe Nathan needs Tommy John surgery 31
- Contact and controversy in the ninth inning of last night’s Dodgers-Giants game 54
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (115)