Sep 3, 2010, 5:59 PM EDT
Freakin’ Manny. Quittin’ again . . .
The game between the Chicago White Sox and
Boston Red Sox was postponed Friday because of the threat of severe
weather from Hurricane Earl.The opener of the three-game series was rescheduled as the first game of a day-night doubleheader Saturday.
I’m wonderin’ how many baseball games have been canceled because of hurricanes. I’m assuming Baseball-Reference will add a tab for that at some point in the near future.
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 13
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 64
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 56
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Tony La Russa denies that Kirk Gibson’s job is safe 22
- Pirates activate Andrew McCutchen from the disabled list 2
- HBT Daily: They’ve dropped six straight, but the Pirates may be the Wild Card favorites 2
- The Diamondbacks plan to bring back Kirk Gibson for some reason 31
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (125)
- Jayson Werth clocked at 105 m.p.h. in a 55 zone, is charged with reckless driving (88)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Baseball is dying, you guys (78)
- A vote for Tom Werner for commissioner is a vote to return to the dark ages (78)