Sep 3, 2010, 5:59 PM EDT
Freakin’ Manny. Quittin’ again . . .
The game between the Chicago White Sox and
Boston Red Sox was postponed Friday because of the threat of severe
weather from Hurricane Earl.The opener of the three-game series was rescheduled as the first game of a day-night doubleheader Saturday.
I’m wonderin’ how many baseball games have been canceled because of hurricanes. I’m assuming Baseball-Reference will add a tab for that at some point in the near future.
- Miguel Cabrera ties Hank Greenberg with 331st career homer 0
- Bud Selig’s view on replay has “evolved” 10
- Umpires use replay on controversial Matt Joyce home run 8
- Rangers put Ian Kinsler on the 15-day disabled list and call up top prospect Jurickson Profar 5
- Carlos Ruiz leaves game with strained right hamstring 2
- Live Extra: Watch live coverage of Penguins-Senators
- PBT: Parker carves up Grizzlies as Spurs roll in Gm. 1
- PHT: Bruins crack Lundqvist, hammer Rangers
- MST: No bumping on Bump Day at Indy 500
- PST: Arsenal grabs Champions League spot
- Ferguson's managerial career ends with 5-5 draw
- Moore stays unbeaten as Rays top Orioles