Sep 3, 2010, 5:59 PM EDT
Freakin’ Manny. Quittin’ again . . .
The game between the Chicago White Sox and
Boston Red Sox was postponed Friday because of the threat of severe
weather from Hurricane Earl.The opener of the three-game series was rescheduled as the first game of a day-night doubleheader Saturday.
I’m wonderin’ how many baseball games have been canceled because of hurricanes. I’m assuming Baseball-Reference will add a tab for that at some point in the near future.
- We’re not going to pretend that Bo Porter had no idea what he was getting into, are we? 29
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 41
- The Cardinals have moved ahead of the Brewers for first place in the National League Central 26
- No-hitter! Four Phillies pitchers combine to blank the Braves 59
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 56
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 47
- Reds trade setup man Jonathan Broxton to the Brewers 19
- Miguel Cabrera sits Sunday with nagging ankle injury 13
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar (74)