Sep 3, 2010, 9:09 AM EDT
I missed this yesterday — Manny and Francoeur obsessions make you blind to any number of things — but apparently Jerry Manuel “would love to know” whether the Mets plan on bringing him back next season. He’s not going to ask now, however, because he doesn’t want to become a distraction.
Show of hands America: who besides Jerry Manuel believes that the Mets haven’t already decided not to renew his contract for next year? Let me count: 1 . . . 2.
Oh, sorry. That was Jerry’s mom raising her hands. And she doesn’t think her son is keeping his job. She was just stretching.
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 141
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 66
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 36
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (152)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)