Sep 3, 2010, 9:09 AM EDT
I missed this yesterday — Manny and Francoeur obsessions make you blind to any number of things — but apparently Jerry Manuel “would love to know” whether the Mets plan on bringing him back next season. He’s not going to ask now, however, because he doesn’t want to become a distraction.
Show of hands America: who besides Jerry Manuel believes that the Mets haven’t already decided not to renew his contract for next year? Let me count: 1 . . . 2.
Oh, sorry. That was Jerry’s mom raising her hands. And she doesn’t think her son is keeping his job. She was just stretching.
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 27
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 72
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 31
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 6
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 64
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)