Sep 3, 2010, 9:09 AM EDT
I missed this yesterday — Manny and Francoeur obsessions make you blind to any number of things — but apparently Jerry Manuel “would love to know” whether the Mets plan on bringing him back next season. He’s not going to ask now, however, because he doesn’t want to become a distraction.
Show of hands America: who besides Jerry Manuel believes that the Mets haven’t already decided not to renew his contract for next year? Let me count: 1 . . . 2.
Oh, sorry. That was Jerry’s mom raising her hands. And she doesn’t think her son is keeping his job. She was just stretching.
- Playoff Reset: The American League Wild Card Game 0
- REPORT: The Astros to name A.J. Hinch their new manager today 17
- Twins fire manager Ron Gardenhire 35
- Pouliot’s 2014 American League awards picks 18
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs 79
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 84
- Reds beat Pirates behind Johnny Cueto, hand National League Central title to St. Louis 20
- Video: Steven Souza Jr. makes sensational catch to secure Jordan Zimmermann’s no-no 24
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (84)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (79)
- Bud Selig says A-Rod will “have a clean slate” once his suspension is over (78)