Sep 3, 2010, 4:32 PM EDT
Joe Strauss of the Post-Dispatch tweets that Reds starter Johnny Cueto did not travel with the team to St. Louis for this weekend’s series due to “a serious family issue.”
Given how badly “serious family issues” can suck, I would hope for Cueto’s sake that this is really a smokescreen created in order to keep him from having to walk the streets of St. Louis when everyone there hates his guts. Sadly, my guess is that the Reds aren’t so weird (nor is Cueto so nervous) that such a thing is likely. Here’s hoping his family issues are successfully and happily resolved.
For what it’s worth, Cueto wasn’t slated to start against the Cardinals this weekend, so his loss won’t be important from a baseball perspective.
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 8
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 160
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 6
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 30
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 35
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (160)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)