Sep 3, 2010, 4:32 PM EST
Joe Strauss of the Post-Dispatch tweets that Reds starter Johnny Cueto did not travel with the team to St. Louis for this weekend’s series due to “a serious family issue.”
Given how badly “serious family issues” can suck, I would hope for Cueto’s sake that this is really a smokescreen created in order to keep him from having to walk the streets of St. Louis when everyone there hates his guts. Sadly, my guess is that the Reds aren’t so weird (nor is Cueto so nervous) that such a thing is likely. Here’s hoping his family issues are successfully and happily resolved.
For what it’s worth, Cueto wasn’t slated to start against the Cardinals this weekend, so his loss won’t be important from a baseball perspective.
- Recapping the Winter Meetings and looking ahead to the rest of the offseason 0
- Could baseball return to Montreal? 33
- Report: Rockies nearing a multi-year deal with Boone Logan 4
- Highlights from the Robinson Cano news conference 29
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 31
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (134)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)