Sep 3, 2010, 4:32 PM EDT
Joe Strauss of the Post-Dispatch tweets that Reds starter Johnny Cueto did not travel with the team to St. Louis for this weekend’s series due to “a serious family issue.”
Given how badly “serious family issues” can suck, I would hope for Cueto’s sake that this is really a smokescreen created in order to keep him from having to walk the streets of St. Louis when everyone there hates his guts. Sadly, my guess is that the Reds aren’t so weird (nor is Cueto so nervous) that such a thing is likely. Here’s hoping his family issues are successfully and happily resolved.
For what it’s worth, Cueto wasn’t slated to start against the Cardinals this weekend, so his loss won’t be important from a baseball perspective.
- Wrigley Field — the most human park in baseball — turns 100-years-old 6
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 55
- Albert Pujols becomes 26th member of 500 home run club 39
- MLB suspends Martin Maldonado, Carlos Gomez, Travis Snider, and Russell Martin for Easter brawl 48
- “Respect the Game?” Phooey. 105