Lyle Overbay "not all there in the first place" but back in the Blue Jays' lineup after concussion scare
Sep 3, 2010, 2:16 PM EDT
Lyle Overbay left last Tuesday’s game after complaining of a “heavy head” following a collision with teammate Brian Tallet, but fortunately for the Blue Jays first baseman a CT scan and other tests revealed that he did not suffer a concussion.
Justin Morneau and Jason Bay have missed months following their concussions, with no return timetable established for either player, but Overbay is back in the lineup this afternoon and batting fifth against the Yankees.
“It’s one of those things where you just don’t know,” Overbay told Thomas Boorstein of MLB.com. “You kind of wait it out. That day could come two weeks down the way, three weeks or five days, which was what mine was. I’m definitely relieved. It’s weird. It’s hard to explain what I felt, but I knew something was wrong. I mean, I’m not all there in the first place, but it definitely was something that wasn’t normal.”
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (88)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (88)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (80)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (75)