Sep 3, 2010, 12:59 PM EDT
Heyman just tweeted it.* Those eight games are in addition to the seven he got for his previous jackassery. As we learned a bit ago, his appeal will be heard next Friday. One would assume that appeals of both suspensions would be heard at the same time.
Also suspended as a result of that game: Chris Volstad: 6 games; Alex Sanabia 5, Gaby Sanchez 3, and Doug Slaten 3. UPDATE: Jim Riggleman was suspended for two games too, apparently meaning that the Marlins can, in fact, tell him when to run.
Volstad obviously threw at Morgan, so I get his suspension. I hadn’t noticed what Sanabia and Slaten were doing. Sanchez, of course, had the flying forearm smash. Maybe that was a bit much, but I would think the awesomeness of the move would offset the punishment. Oh well.
*Note: I am not off Heyman’s double secret probation list. Someone re-tweeted it.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 17
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 25
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 105
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8