Sep 3, 2010, 12:59 PM EDT
Heyman just tweeted it.* Those eight games are in addition to the seven he got for his previous jackassery. As we learned a bit ago, his appeal will be heard next Friday. One would assume that appeals of both suspensions would be heard at the same time.
Also suspended as a result of that game: Chris Volstad: 6 games; Alex Sanabia 5, Gaby Sanchez 3, and Doug Slaten 3. UPDATE: Jim Riggleman was suspended for two games too, apparently meaning that the Marlins can, in fact, tell him when to run.
Volstad obviously threw at Morgan, so I get his suspension. I hadn’t noticed what Sanabia and Slaten were doing. Sanchez, of course, had the flying forearm smash. Maybe that was a bit much, but I would think the awesomeness of the move would offset the punishment. Oh well.
*Note: I am not off Heyman’s double secret probation list. Someone re-tweeted it.
- Tony La Russa denies that Kirk Gibson’s job is safe 9
- Pirates activate Andrew McCutchen from the disabled list 1
- HBT Daily: They’ve dropped six straight, but the Pirates may be the Wild Card favorites 2
- The Diamondbacks plan to bring back Kirk Gibson for some reason 30
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 32
- Numbers game: Tigers fall victim to baseball’s speed obsession 45
- Twins prospect Byron Buxton done for season after concussion 3
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. 74
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (125)
- Jayson Werth clocked at 105 m.p.h. in a 55 zone, is charged with reckless driving (88)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Baseball is dying, you guys (78)
- A vote for Tom Werner for commissioner is a vote to return to the dark ages (78)