Sep 3, 2010, 12:59 PM EDT
Heyman just tweeted it.* Those eight games are in addition to the seven he got for his previous jackassery. As we learned a bit ago, his appeal will be heard next Friday. One would assume that appeals of both suspensions would be heard at the same time.
Also suspended as a result of that game: Chris Volstad: 6 games; Alex Sanabia 5, Gaby Sanchez 3, and Doug Slaten 3. UPDATE: Jim Riggleman was suspended for two games too, apparently meaning that the Marlins can, in fact, tell him when to run.
Volstad obviously threw at Morgan, so I get his suspension. I hadn’t noticed what Sanabia and Slaten were doing. Sanchez, of course, had the flying forearm smash. Maybe that was a bit much, but I would think the awesomeness of the move would offset the punishment. Oh well.
*Note: I am not off Heyman’s double secret probation list. Someone re-tweeted it.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 13
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 41
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)