Sep 3, 2010, 12:59 PM EDT
Heyman just tweeted it.* Those eight games are in addition to the seven he got for his previous jackassery. As we learned a bit ago, his appeal will be heard next Friday. One would assume that appeals of both suspensions would be heard at the same time.
Also suspended as a result of that game: Chris Volstad: 6 games; Alex Sanabia 5, Gaby Sanchez 3, and Doug Slaten 3. UPDATE: Jim Riggleman was suspended for two games too, apparently meaning that the Marlins can, in fact, tell him when to run.
Volstad obviously threw at Morgan, so I get his suspension. I hadn’t noticed what Sanabia and Slaten were doing. Sanchez, of course, had the flying forearm smash. Maybe that was a bit much, but I would think the awesomeness of the move would offset the punishment. Oh well.
*Note: I am not off Heyman’s double secret probation list. Someone re-tweeted it.
- Jose Altuve breaks Craig Biggio’s franchise record, tallying his 211th hit of the season 4
- Orioles beat Blue Jays to clinch AL East title 21
- Tanner Roark dominates as Nationals clinch NL East 18
- Masahiro Tanaka to pitch on Sunday 9
- Astros shut down George Springer for the season 0
- The Blue Jays will make a qualifying offer to Melky Cabrera 24
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 34
- MLB suspends Jonathan Papelbon seven games for incident during Sunday’s game 42
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)