Sep 3, 2010, 12:59 PM EDT
Heyman just tweeted it.* Those eight games are in addition to the seven he got for his previous jackassery. As we learned a bit ago, his appeal will be heard next Friday. One would assume that appeals of both suspensions would be heard at the same time.
Also suspended as a result of that game: Chris Volstad: 6 games; Alex Sanabia 5, Gaby Sanchez 3, and Doug Slaten 3. UPDATE: Jim Riggleman was suspended for two games too, apparently meaning that the Marlins can, in fact, tell him when to run.
Volstad obviously threw at Morgan, so I get his suspension. I hadn’t noticed what Sanabia and Slaten were doing. Sanchez, of course, had the flying forearm smash. Maybe that was a bit much, but I would think the awesomeness of the move would offset the punishment. Oh well.
*Note: I am not off Heyman’s double secret probation list. Someone re-tweeted it.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 3
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 81
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 115
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)