Sep 3, 2010, 5:18 PM EST
I have no idea whether this is true or not, but it’s pretty funny either way and … well, there’s just not a whole lot worth writing about going on this afternoon.
Omar Minaya apparently/allegedly/reportedly flew coach on his flight to Chicago for the series against the Cubs at Wrigley Field and the many Mets fans on the plane took the opportunity to heckle him.
Deadspin: Omar Minaya Flies Coach, Gets Heckled
My favorite line: “I bet they flew Mike Jacobs in business class, at least.”
Oh, and the Mets lost to the Cubs today, 7-6.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 305
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (305)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)