Sep 3, 2010, 5:18 PM EST
I have no idea whether this is true or not, but it’s pretty funny either way and … well, there’s just not a whole lot worth writing about going on this afternoon.
Omar Minaya apparently/allegedly/reportedly flew coach on his flight to Chicago for the series against the Cubs at Wrigley Field and the many Mets fans on the plane took the opportunity to heckle him.
Deadspin: Omar Minaya Flies Coach, Gets Heckled
My favorite line: “I bet they flew Mike Jacobs in business class, at least.”
Oh, and the Mets lost to the Cubs today, 7-6.
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 22
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 44
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 21
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 56
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 106
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (111)