Sep 3, 2010, 5:18 PM EDT
I have no idea whether this is true or not, but it’s pretty funny either way and … well, there’s just not a whole lot worth writing about going on this afternoon.
Omar Minaya apparently/allegedly/reportedly flew coach on his flight to Chicago for the series against the Cubs at Wrigley Field and the many Mets fans on the plane took the opportunity to heckle him.
Deadspin: Omar Minaya Flies Coach, Gets Heckled
My favorite line: “I bet they flew Mike Jacobs in business class, at least.”
Oh, and the Mets lost to the Cubs today, 7-6.
- Tigers acquire closer Joakim Soria from the Rangers 9
- Phillies officials “have contemplated the possibility of paying off” and releasing Ryan Howard 29
- The dizzying intellect of Tom Glavine 17
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 158
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 30
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 29
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (158)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)