Sep 3, 2010, 5:18 PM EDT
I have no idea whether this is true or not, but it’s pretty funny either way and … well, there’s just not a whole lot worth writing about going on this afternoon.
Omar Minaya apparently/allegedly/reportedly flew coach on his flight to Chicago for the series against the Cubs at Wrigley Field and the many Mets fans on the plane took the opportunity to heckle him.
Deadspin: Omar Minaya Flies Coach, Gets Heckled
My favorite line: “I bet they flew Mike Jacobs in business class, at least.”
Oh, and the Mets lost to the Cubs today, 7-6.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 0
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 19
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 25
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 48
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 136
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 88
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (137)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)
- The Lester trade is a win-win (112)