Sep 3, 2010, 9:30 AM EDT
“I knocked down the catcher, I took my dose and everybody is blowing it
way out of proportion, which I don’t understand. I guess baseball isn’t
used to seeing this anymore — good old-fashioned hard-nose baseball.”
— A less-than repentant Nyjer Morgan, talking about the battle royale he set off with the Marlins the other night with MLB.com’s Bill Ladson.
As I sit and wonder what is “hard-nose baseball” about taunting the crowd and raising your arms in victory as you’re escorted off the field following you getting your ass kicked, I can’t help but assume Morgan’s stance here isn’t going to get him any leniency when his suspension comes down today.
My guess: ten games.
- Report: Cubs calling up prospect infielder Addison Russell 0
- Jonathan Lucroy headed to disabled list with broken toe 5
- Reds manager Bryan Price goes on profanity-laden tirade against media 44
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 75
- Report: Marlins manager Mike Redmond is on the hot seat 40
- Five Royals ejected in Sunday’s series finale against the Athletics 88
- White Sox will promote Carlos Rodon on Monday 14
- Another one bites the dust: Mets lose young catcher Travis d’Arnaud to fractured right hand 14
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (129)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (107)