Sep 3, 2010, 9:30 AM EST
“I knocked down the catcher, I took my dose and everybody is blowing it
way out of proportion, which I don’t understand. I guess baseball isn’t
used to seeing this anymore — good old-fashioned hard-nose baseball.”
– A less-than repentant Nyjer Morgan, talking about the battle royale he set off with the Marlins the other night with MLB.com’s Bill Ladson.
As I sit and wonder what is “hard-nose baseball” about taunting the crowd and raising your arms in victory as you’re escorted off the field following you getting your ass kicked, I can’t help but assume Morgan’s stance here isn’t going to get him any leniency when his suspension comes down today.
My guess: ten games.
- UPDATE: Mariners planning to offer nine years, $225 million to Robinson Cano 76
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 44
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (98)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (87)
- UPDATE: Mariners planning to offer nine years, $225 million to Robinson Cano (81)