Sep 3, 2010, 9:30 AM EDT
“I knocked down the catcher, I took my dose and everybody is blowing it
way out of proportion, which I don’t understand. I guess baseball isn’t
used to seeing this anymore — good old-fashioned hard-nose baseball.”
– A less-than repentant Nyjer Morgan, talking about the battle royale he set off with the Marlins the other night with MLB.com’s Bill Ladson.
As I sit and wonder what is “hard-nose baseball” about taunting the crowd and raising your arms in victory as you’re escorted off the field following you getting your ass kicked, I can’t help but assume Morgan’s stance here isn’t going to get him any leniency when his suspension comes down today.
My guess: ten games.
- Maximum stay on Hall of Fame ballot changed from 15 to 10 years 9
- Jon Lester is willing to return to the Red Sox as a free agent even if they trade him 10
- Jose Abreu is third-fastest in MLB history to reach 30 career home runs 6
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 18
- How’d he do that? Magician Maddux fooled hitters all the way to Hall 23
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 46
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 35
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 15
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (200)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)