Sep 3, 2010, 9:30 AM EST
“I knocked down the catcher, I took my dose and everybody is blowing it
way out of proportion, which I don’t understand. I guess baseball isn’t
used to seeing this anymore — good old-fashioned hard-nose baseball.”
– A less-than repentant Nyjer Morgan, talking about the battle royale he set off with the Marlins the other night with MLB.com’s Bill Ladson.
As I sit and wonder what is “hard-nose baseball” about taunting the crowd and raising your arms in victory as you’re escorted off the field following you getting your ass kicked, I can’t help but assume Morgan’s stance here isn’t going to get him any leniency when his suspension comes down today.
My guess: ten games.
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 108
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 40
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 5
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 4
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 367
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (367)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (109)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (85)