Poll: Who will be caught on camera reading Hardball Talk?

Sep 3, 2010, 3:49 PM EDT

The latest episode of Hard Knocks on HBO showed Rex Ryan and the Jets reading Pro Football Talk, which while no surprise–I’d almost guarantee someone from every NFL team reads Mike Florio, Gregg Rosenthal, and company–was pretty amusing to see on screen.
It also got me thinking about which prominent person in the baseball world will be the first spotted reading Hardball Talk on camera.
After some exhaustive research–I instant messaged Calcaterra and said, “Hey, who have we picked on a lot?”–I’ve come up with this preliminary list of prime candidates: Jeff Francoeur, Rob Dibble, Jon Heyman, Scott Boras, Bud Selig, Omar Minaya.
What say you?

1. El Bravo - Sep 3, 2010 at 3:59 PM

Frenchie reads HBT (and will on camera for cash) and continually tells his agent and publicist what you guys say about him. He will soon be publishing an article in the WSJ condemning your remarks. Shame on you Craig, Aaron, et. al. You like that Craig? I used “et. al” just for you, I hope that warms your legal heart.

2. okobojicat - Sep 3, 2010 at 4:12 PM

People you left off that are more likely:
    Ozzie (is there another manager who requires no last name?)
    Roger Clemens’ lawyer
    Mark Cuban (guy is ALWAYS on his BBerry)
    Craig Sager – but you won’t be able to tell because his jacket will wash out the screen.

3. Stichey - Sep 3, 2010 at 4:17 PM

Actually, based on Francoeur’s assesment of his year, he would probably say about the site, “I had three great blog entries about me in the early months of the season, and then it fell off for me and the blogosphere.”

4. Scott - Sep 3, 2010 at 4:19 PM

Omar Minaya has internet access?

5. Utley's hair - Sep 3, 2010 at 4:24 PM

Actually, it’s Nyjer Morgan. He’s just testing his name exposure.

6. Matt S. - Sep 3, 2010 at 4:35 PM

Bud Selig’s still trying to figure out how to use a typewriter, let alone a computer keyboard.

7. JB (the original) - Sep 3, 2010 at 5:57 PM

Lew Ford. (if not a Twins fan, Wiki him and you’ll see)

8. JBerardi - Sep 3, 2010 at 10:02 PM

Because he’s now playing with Guerreros de Oaxaca in the Mexican League? Because he once burned himself by trying to iron a shirt while wearing it?

9. The Real Shuxion - Sep 7, 2010 at 11:16 AM

He just learned to play Adventure on the 2600. He loves that game, even if he doesn’t remember where he left that key.

Three legends off to Cooperstown