Sep 3, 2010, 3:49 PM EDT
The latest episode of Hard Knocks on HBO showed Rex Ryan and the Jets reading Pro Football Talk, which while no surprise–I’d almost guarantee someone from every NFL team reads Mike Florio, Gregg Rosenthal, and company–was pretty amusing to see on screen.
It also got me thinking about which prominent person in the baseball world will be the first spotted reading Hardball Talk on camera.
After some exhaustive research–I instant messaged Calcaterra and said, “Hey, who have we picked on a lot?”–I’ve come up with this preliminary list of prime candidates: Jeff Francoeur, Rob Dibble, Jon Heyman, Scott Boras, Bud Selig, Omar Minaya.
What say you?
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 51
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 16
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 114
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 54
- Pete Rose will be allowed to participate in All-Star Game festivities 69
- Career over? Joe Nathan needs Tommy John surgery 31
- Contact and controversy in the ninth inning of last night’s Dodgers-Giants game 54
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (115)