Sep 3, 2010, 3:49 PM EDT
The latest episode of Hard Knocks on HBO showed Rex Ryan and the Jets reading Pro Football Talk, which while no surprise–I’d almost guarantee someone from every NFL team reads Mike Florio, Gregg Rosenthal, and company–was pretty amusing to see on screen.
It also got me thinking about which prominent person in the baseball world will be the first spotted reading Hardball Talk on camera.
After some exhaustive research–I instant messaged Calcaterra and said, “Hey, who have we picked on a lot?”–I’ve come up with this preliminary list of prime candidates: Jeff Francoeur, Rob Dibble, Jon Heyman, Scott Boras, Bud Selig, Omar Minaya.
What say you?
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 8
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 160
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 6
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 30
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 35
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (160)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)