Sep 3, 2010, 3:49 PM EST
The latest episode of Hard Knocks on HBO showed Rex Ryan and the Jets reading Pro Football Talk, which while no surprise–I’d almost guarantee someone from every NFL team reads Mike Florio, Gregg Rosenthal, and company–was pretty amusing to see on screen.
It also got me thinking about which prominent person in the baseball world will be the first spotted reading Hardball Talk on camera.
After some exhaustive research–I instant messaged Calcaterra and said, “Hey, who have we picked on a lot?”–I’ve come up with this preliminary list of prime candidates: Jeff Francoeur, Rob Dibble, Jon Heyman, Scott Boras, Bud Selig, Omar Minaya.
What say you?
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 82
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 46
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 31
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 144
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 26
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)