Sep 3, 2010, 12:45 PM EDT
Joe Maddon received his honorary “doctor of letters” degree from Lafayette College yesterday, meaning the Rays’ manager is officially now a doctor.
Mark Topkin of the St. Petersburg Times notes that approximately 200 people attended the ceremony at the college Maddon dropped out of 35 years ago. Or as he joked: “I was on the 38-year-old plan.”
Best of all he wore one of those ridiculous-looking “BRaysers” that the Rays have been sporting lately, although unfortunately he’d changed back into a less hilarious jacket by the time that photo was snapped.
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 0
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 36
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 15
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 69
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 69
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 23
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76