Sep 3, 2010, 12:45 PM EDT
Joe Maddon received his honorary “doctor of letters” degree from Lafayette College yesterday, meaning the Rays’ manager is officially now a doctor.
Mark Topkin of the St. Petersburg Times notes that approximately 200 people attended the ceremony at the college Maddon dropped out of 35 years ago. Or as he joked: “I was on the 38-year-old plan.”
Best of all he wore one of those ridiculous-looking “BRaysers” that the Rays have been sporting lately, although unfortunately he’d changed back into a less hilarious jacket by the time that photo was snapped.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 17
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 25
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 105
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8