Ron Gardenhire has been ejected from a higher percentage of his games than all-time leader Bobby Cox
Sep 3, 2010, 11:16 AM EST
Ron Gardenhire got himself ejected from last night’s game in the seventh inning for arguing one of several blown calls by the Joe West-led umpiring crew, which meant the Twins manager got to watch the extra-inning disaster on a clubhouse television rather than seeing it unfold live from the dugout.
All things considered, he was probably lucky.
It was Gardenhire’s fourth ejection of the season and 51st ejection of his nine-year career, which means he’s been booted from 3.6 percent of his career games as manager.
To put that in some context, consider that all-time ejections leader Bobby Cox has been tossed in 3.5 percent of his career games, so Gardenhire is on an historic pace.
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 26
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 29
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 71
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 130
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 84
- Cardinals reportedly joining pursuit of Jon Lester 65
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. 148
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal 157
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (125)