Ron Gardenhire has been ejected from a higher percentage of his games than all-time leader Bobby Cox
Sep 3, 2010, 11:16 AM EDT
Ron Gardenhire got himself ejected from last night’s game in the seventh inning for arguing one of several blown calls by the Joe West-led umpiring crew, which meant the Twins manager got to watch the extra-inning disaster on a clubhouse television rather than seeing it unfold live from the dugout.
All things considered, he was probably lucky.
It was Gardenhire’s fourth ejection of the season and 51st ejection of his nine-year career, which means he’s been booted from 3.6 percent of his career games as manager.
To put that in some context, consider that all-time ejections leader Bobby Cox has been tossed in 3.5 percent of his career games, so Gardenhire is on an historic pace.
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 13
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 49
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 49
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 103
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 20
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 9
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (103)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)