Ron Gardenhire has been ejected from a higher percentage of his games than all-time leader Bobby Cox
Sep 3, 2010, 11:16 AM EDT
Ron Gardenhire got himself ejected from last night’s game in the seventh inning for arguing one of several blown calls by the Joe West-led umpiring crew, which meant the Twins manager got to watch the extra-inning disaster on a clubhouse television rather than seeing it unfold live from the dugout.
All things considered, he was probably lucky.
It was Gardenhire’s fourth ejection of the season and 51st ejection of his nine-year career, which means he’s been booted from 3.6 percent of his career games as manager.
To put that in some context, consider that all-time ejections leader Bobby Cox has been tossed in 3.5 percent of his career games, so Gardenhire is on an historic pace.
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 13
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 10
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 32
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 62
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 27
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 12
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 45
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)