Ron Gardenhire has been ejected from a higher percentage of his games than all-time leader Bobby Cox
Sep 3, 2010, 11:16 AM EST
Ron Gardenhire got himself ejected from last night’s game in the seventh inning for arguing one of several blown calls by the Joe West-led umpiring crew, which meant the Twins manager got to watch the extra-inning disaster on a clubhouse television rather than seeing it unfold live from the dugout.
All things considered, he was probably lucky.
It was Gardenhire’s fourth ejection of the season and 51st ejection of his nine-year career, which means he’s been booted from 3.6 percent of his career games as manager.
To put that in some context, consider that all-time ejections leader Bobby Cox has been tossed in 3.5 percent of his career games, so Gardenhire is on an historic pace.
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 29
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 33
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 62
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 42
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 25
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- UPDATE: Red Sox finalizing a 4-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, with a vesting option 35
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (137)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (132)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)