Sep 3, 2010, 3:06 PM EDT
For reasons that aren’t entirely clear to me, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution today runs an editorial by former Brave Ryan Klesko — which was actually dictated to someone it seems — in which he talks about his love of hunting, fishing, surfing and buying thousands of acres of real estate:
There is a lot of carryover between baseball players and the outdoors
– as many as 70 percent of the guys hunt or fish, depending on the
In Atlanta, I know Tim Hudson, Chipper Jones and Eric Hinske do. Bobby Cox and [team traveling secretary] Bill Acree went bird hunting with Ted Turner.
When I played in San Diego, there were 14 of us who wore camo shirts around the clubhouse. They called us Redneck Row.
Psst! Ryan! Did the shirts look like this? Just sayin’, there were probably 25 of you wearing them that day!
Oh well. I don’t even know why I’m even linking this. It just seems . . . weird.
- The Yankees were no-hit by the Marlins in Panama 0
- Report: Jose Iglesias could miss most of the 2014 season 31
- Manny Machado dealing with scar tissue in knee, increasingly unlikely for Opening Day 10
- The D-Backs weren’t kidding about the retaliation thing 53
- Red Sox prospect gets arrested, acts like a monumental jackwagon 96
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (104)
- Keith Olbermann REALLY hates that Barry Bonds is coaching the Giants for a week (101)
- Red Sox prospect gets arrested, acts like a monumental jackwagon (99)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (90)