Sep 3, 2010, 3:06 PM EDT
For reasons that aren’t entirely clear to me, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution today runs an editorial by former Brave Ryan Klesko — which was actually dictated to someone it seems — in which he talks about his love of hunting, fishing, surfing and buying thousands of acres of real estate:
There is a lot of carryover between baseball players and the outdoors
— as many as 70 percent of the guys hunt or fish, depending on the
In Atlanta, I know Tim Hudson, Chipper Jones and Eric Hinske do. Bobby Cox and [team traveling secretary] Bill Acree went bird hunting with Ted Turner.
When I played in San Diego, there were 14 of us who wore camo shirts around the clubhouse. They called us Redneck Row.
Psst! Ryan! Did the shirts look like this? Just sayin’, there were probably 25 of you wearing them that day!
Oh well. I don’t even know why I’m even linking this. It just seems . . . weird.
- Nelson Cruz, Adrian Gonzalez named Players of the Month 2
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 94
- Report: Brewers hire Craig Counsell to replace Ron Roenicke 26
- Brewers fire manager Ron Roenicke 54
- Jordan Walden lands on disabled list with biceps injury 11
- Rays place outfielder Desmond Jennings on 15-day disabled list with bursitis in his left knee 1
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring 139
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (363)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (201)
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore (162)
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (139)
- The Orioles will play to no fans tomorrow; this weekend’s series will move to Tropicana Field (125)