Sep 3, 2010, 3:06 PM EDT
For reasons that aren’t entirely clear to me, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution today runs an editorial by former Brave Ryan Klesko — which was actually dictated to someone it seems — in which he talks about his love of hunting, fishing, surfing and buying thousands of acres of real estate:
There is a lot of carryover between baseball players and the outdoors
— as many as 70 percent of the guys hunt or fish, depending on the
In Atlanta, I know Tim Hudson, Chipper Jones and Eric Hinske do. Bobby Cox and [team traveling secretary] Bill Acree went bird hunting with Ted Turner.
When I played in San Diego, there were 14 of us who wore camo shirts around the clubhouse. They called us Redneck Row.
Psst! Ryan! Did the shirts look like this? Just sayin’, there were probably 25 of you wearing them that day!
Oh well. I don’t even know why I’m even linking this. It just seems . . . weird.
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 0
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 8
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 30
- Josh Hamilton declares himself ready for the ALDS 3
- Wild Card Game: A’s vs. Royals lineups 14
- Pouliot’s 2014 National League awards picks 21
- HBT Daily: A’s vs. Royals. Jon Lester vs. Big Game James. WHO YA GOT?! 12
- Playoff Reset: The American League Wild Card Game 21
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)