Sep 3, 2010, 9:48 AM EST
That according to Jayson Stark, who says that rival clubs who have spoken to the Brewers think Fielder will be moved in the offseason.
This is not terribly surprising. They have someone who — maybe — can fill in at first base. They’re likely nowhere in the same universe with Fielder when it comes to contract demands (Heyman said yesterday that he thinks Boras will demand in excess of $180 million for Fielder). They could let him walk, sure, but you’d think they’d have to try and get some talent for the big man now.
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 0
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 80
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 34
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 13
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 119
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (119)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (94)
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site (90)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)