Sep 3, 2010, 9:48 AM EDT
That according to Jayson Stark, who says that rival clubs who have spoken to the Brewers think Fielder will be moved in the offseason.
This is not terribly surprising. They have someone who — maybe — can fill in at first base. They’re likely nowhere in the same universe with Fielder when it comes to contract demands (Heyman said yesterday that he thinks Boras will demand in excess of $180 million for Fielder). They could let him walk, sure, but you’d think they’d have to try and get some talent for the big man now.
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 27
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)