Sep 3, 2010, 9:48 AM EDT
That according to Jayson Stark, who says that rival clubs who have spoken to the Brewers think Fielder will be moved in the offseason.
This is not terribly surprising. They have someone who — maybe — can fill in at first base. They’re likely nowhere in the same universe with Fielder when it comes to contract demands (Heyman said yesterday that he thinks Boras will demand in excess of $180 million for Fielder). They could let him walk, sure, but you’d think they’d have to try and get some talent for the big man now.
- The Troy Tulowitzki trade might be the strangest deadline deal ever 1
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects 78
- Alex Rodriguez celebrates 40th birthday with a home run 10
- Mets acquire Tyler Clippard from the Athletics 19
- Angels acquire Shane Victorino from Red Sox 25
- Happy 40th Birthday, A-Rod! 44
- Craig Biggio, John Smoltz, Randy Johnson and Pedro Martinez inducted into the Hall of Fame 41
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 49
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (156)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- MLBPAA announces “Heart and Hustle” award, given mostly to Americans and white guys (131)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)