Sep 3, 2010, 9:48 AM EDT
That according to Jayson Stark, who says that rival clubs who have spoken to the Brewers think Fielder will be moved in the offseason.
This is not terribly surprising. They have someone who — maybe — can fill in at first base. They’re likely nowhere in the same universe with Fielder when it comes to contract demands (Heyman said yesterday that he thinks Boras will demand in excess of $180 million for Fielder). They could let him walk, sure, but you’d think they’d have to try and get some talent for the big man now.
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 3
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 6
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 9
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 18
- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson says Terry Collins’ job is safe 11
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 7
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 27
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 9
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)