Sep 3, 2010, 9:48 AM EDT
That according to Jayson Stark, who says that rival clubs who have spoken to the Brewers think Fielder will be moved in the offseason.
This is not terribly surprising. They have someone who — maybe — can fill in at first base. They’re likely nowhere in the same universe with Fielder when it comes to contract demands (Heyman said yesterday that he thinks Boras will demand in excess of $180 million for Fielder). They could let him walk, sure, but you’d think they’d have to try and get some talent for the big man now.
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 27
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 57
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 32
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 31
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (124)