Sep 3, 2010, 3:30 PM EST
More weird quasi-baseball stuff as absolutely nothing continues to happen in baseball this afternoon.
Rays fan Amelia Lamoscatella caught a Ben Zobrist foul ball off her face on Wednesday night. She was OK, and someone retrieved the ball for her. During the same at bat, Zobrist fouled another one to her, which she caught. Next batter: Carl Crawford, who fouled a ball to, yep, you guessed it, the same lady.
Well, the part in which she got smacked in the face by the first foul ball wasn’t so lucky, but still. I’ve been going to baseball games since the Carter Administration, and I’ve never snagged a ball.
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 12
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 7
- Alex Rodriguez recently met with incoming MLB commissioner Rob Manfred 15
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 75
- Sean Doolittle has a “slight” rotator cuff tear, won’t be ready for Opening Day 4
- Ryan Vogelsong re-signs with Giants after flirting with Astros 17
- Phillies and Brewers moving closer to Jonathan Papelbon trade 52
- Pete Rose will be at the All-Star Game in Cincinnati this year 29
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (143)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 (75)