Sep 3, 2010, 3:30 PM EDT
More weird quasi-baseball stuff as absolutely nothing continues to happen in baseball this afternoon.
Rays fan Amelia Lamoscatella caught a Ben Zobrist foul ball off her face on Wednesday night. She was OK, and someone retrieved the ball for her. During the same at bat, Zobrist fouled another one to her, which she caught. Next batter: Carl Crawford, who fouled a ball to, yep, you guessed it, the same lady.
Well, the part in which she got smacked in the face by the first foul ball wasn’t so lucky, but still. I’ve been going to baseball games since the Carter Administration, and I’ve never snagged a ball.
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 2
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 20
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 61
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 48
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 95
- Who really owns a home run ball? 65
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 131
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (131)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (130)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)