Sep 3, 2010, 3:30 PM EDT
More weird quasi-baseball stuff as absolutely nothing continues to happen in baseball this afternoon.
Rays fan Amelia Lamoscatella caught a Ben Zobrist foul ball off her face on Wednesday night. She was OK, and someone retrieved the ball for her. During the same at bat, Zobrist fouled another one to her, which she caught. Next batter: Carl Crawford, who fouled a ball to, yep, you guessed it, the same lady.
Well, the part in which she got smacked in the face by the first foul ball wasn’t so lucky, but still. I’ve been going to baseball games since the Carter Administration, and I’ve never snagged a ball.
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 87
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 75
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 69
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 115
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)