Sep 4, 2010, 5:11 PM EDT
Carlos Silva is scheduled to return from the disabled list to start against the Astros on Tuesday, according to Carrie Muskat of MLB.com. It will be his first start since undergoing a minor cardiac procedure to remedy an irregular heartbeat in early August.
Silva gave up five runs over 4 2/3 innings in his last rehab start with Single-A Peoria on Wednesday. Ideally, the Cubs would have liked to give him another start in the minors, however plans changed after Tom Gorzelanny suffered an injury to his left pinkie finger this week.
The revitalized Silva is 10-5 with a 3.92 ERA and 76/23 K/BB ratio over 20 starts with the Cubs this season. How he’ll finish the year is anybody’s guess, but it will be nice to see him back on the mound healthy again.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 37
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 27
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 45
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 49
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 137
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 91
- The Lester trade is a win-win 113
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (200)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (137)
- Tampa Bay news station tweets classless Detroit joke following David Price trade (128)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)