Sep 4, 2010, 5:11 PM EDT
Carlos Silva is scheduled to return from the disabled list to start against the Astros on Tuesday, according to Carrie Muskat of MLB.com. It will be his first start since undergoing a minor cardiac procedure to remedy an irregular heartbeat in early August.
Silva gave up five runs over 4 2/3 innings in his last rehab start with Single-A Peoria on Wednesday. Ideally, the Cubs would have liked to give him another start in the minors, however plans changed after Tom Gorzelanny suffered an injury to his left pinkie finger this week.
The revitalized Silva is 10-5 with a 3.92 ERA and 76/23 K/BB ratio over 20 starts with the Cubs this season. How he’ll finish the year is anybody’s guess, but it will be nice to see him back on the mound healthy again.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 15
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 48
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17