Sep 4, 2010, 8:32 PM EDT
The Rangers aren’t off to the best start here in September. They’ve dropped two straight games to the Twins at Target Field and now center fielder Josh Hamilton is even more banged up, according to Jeff Wilson of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.
Hamilton, already battling a semi-serious knee injury and back soreness, collided with the outfield wall on Saturday afternoon at Target Field and was removed in the fifth inning. He was taken to a local hospital for X-rays on his ribs. They turned up negative, but he’s likely to miss Sunday’s series finale.
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 14
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 23
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 64
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 34
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (202)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)