Sep 5, 2010, 11:49 AM EST
Good news here from Andrew Marchand of ESPN New York.
Yankees third baseman Alex Rodriguez has been activated from the disabled list and is in Sunday’s lineup against the Blue Jays, batting cleanup and again manning the hot corner.
A-Rod has been officially sidelined for about three weeks with a strained left calf and has not played a full game since August 15. He will return to .265/.333/.485 batting line, 21 home runs and 97 RBI. It’s been an off year for the 35-year-old, sure, but he’s still been plenty productive and will almost certainly lock up his 13th straight 100-RBI season.
The Yanks are currently 86-50 and have pulled to a 2.5-game lead over the Rays in the American League East.
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 75
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 35
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 72
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 130
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 84
- Cardinals reportedly joining pursuit of Jon Lester 65
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. 148
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal 157
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (129)