Sep 5, 2010, 1:37 PM EDT
Chipper Jones, who is on the disabled list and out for the season, was ejected from Saturday’s game against the Marlins for arguing from the dugout. Now David O’Brien of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution has an update.
Chipper has been suspended for one game. He will serve that one-game suspension if and when he returns in 2011.
The veteran third baseman was ruled out for the rest of the year in early August with a torn ACL in his left knee. He hasn’t decided whether to return for an 18th professional season, but he does seem open to the idea and is rehabbing his knee injury as if he is going to play. Hey, and he just earned himself an additional day of rest.
Jones hit a productive .265/.381/.426 this season with 10 homers and 46 RBI in 317 at-bats. He struggled to stay healthy, though, and played in only 95 total games. Martin Prado has been playing third base in his absence.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 21
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 83
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (83)