Sep 6, 2010, 9:29 AM EDT
Happy Labor Day, everyone. Why am I working today? Because this ain’t labor, my comrades. Hopefully most of you who do work, however, are getting a nice day off to recharge and reflect and stuff. In the meantime, here’s what went down over the weekend:
- Adam Wainwright: “I won’t lose again.” This is the most confident boast I’ve heard since the Archduke Ferdinand said “no man can stop me!”
I suppose it’s possible that Colby Rasmus was being immature with his trade demand,
but you’d think La Russa and Pujols could appreciate that a cheap,
young stud centerfielder may be important to a team that’s about to pay
Albert eleventy-billion dollars and thus refrain from, you know, making his future with the Cardinals essentially impossible.
- A-Rod returns, Yankees lose. Why does A-Rod hate America?
- Chipper Jones was ejected from a game
he was watching from the bench and was subsequently suspended. My case for
him to follow Bobby Cox into management gets stronger every day.
- Jim Thome passes Mark McGwire on the all-time home run list. Thome: “aw, shucks.” That wasn’t in the article, but I’ll bet that’s what he said.
- Manny Ramirez apologizes for his behavior in Boston. Just another case of Manny bein’, oh, wait. Actually that was awfully nice of him.
- Stephen Strasburg had Tommy John surgery. Jeez, kid. Just rub some dirt on it and get back out there. Pansy.
- Carlos Silva returns following his heart procedure. Jeez, kid. Just rub some dirt on it and get back out there. Pansy.
- The Padres are probably all nostalgic for the time when their losing streak was only eight games long.
- Jeremy Hermida signs with the Athletics. This changes everything.
- Johan Santana threw off a mound yesterday. Big whoop. A whole bunch of other guys did too. Where else are they gonna throw from? Or am I missing something?
Today isn’t a real workin’ day, but we’re blogging. Come back and check in on us between labor solidarity rallies and union organizing, OK?
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 60
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 6
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 67
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (85)