Sep 6, 2010, 9:29 AM EDT
Happy Labor Day, everyone. Why am I working today? Because this ain’t labor, my comrades. Hopefully most of you who do work, however, are getting a nice day off to recharge and reflect and stuff. In the meantime, here’s what went down over the weekend:
- Adam Wainwright: “I won’t lose again.” This is the most confident boast I’ve heard since the Archduke Ferdinand said “no man can stop me!”
I suppose it’s possible that Colby Rasmus was being immature with his trade demand,
but you’d think La Russa and Pujols could appreciate that a cheap,
young stud centerfielder may be important to a team that’s about to pay
Albert eleventy-billion dollars and thus refrain from, you know, making his future with the Cardinals essentially impossible.
- A-Rod returns, Yankees lose. Why does A-Rod hate America?
- Chipper Jones was ejected from a game
he was watching from the bench and was subsequently suspended. My case for
him to follow Bobby Cox into management gets stronger every day.
- Jim Thome passes Mark McGwire on the all-time home run list. Thome: “aw, shucks.” That wasn’t in the article, but I’ll bet that’s what he said.
- Manny Ramirez apologizes for his behavior in Boston. Just another case of Manny bein’, oh, wait. Actually that was awfully nice of him.
- Stephen Strasburg had Tommy John surgery. Jeez, kid. Just rub some dirt on it and get back out there. Pansy.
- Carlos Silva returns following his heart procedure. Jeez, kid. Just rub some dirt on it and get back out there. Pansy.
- The Padres are probably all nostalgic for the time when their losing streak was only eight games long.
- Jeremy Hermida signs with the Athletics. This changes everything.
- Johan Santana threw off a mound yesterday. Big whoop. A whole bunch of other guys did too. Where else are they gonna throw from? Or am I missing something?
Today isn’t a real workin’ day, but we’re blogging. Come back and check in on us between labor solidarity rallies and union organizing, OK?
- World Series Reset: On to AT&T Park 2
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? 88
- John Hart to be named Braves President of Baseball Operations 3
- No, Ned Yost didn’t “out-manage” Bruce Bochy. His players played better 69
- At least Hunter Strickland entertained us last night 37
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 43
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 16
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 10
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (88)